New Hornby Rocket

CF MRC

47 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

That's going to annoy Rails a bit. 

I think that is the point!!!  £16.99 rrp for a brand new tooling of the Rocket open carriage and £24.99 for brand new tooling goods brake vans which can be sold in several liveries/eras.   It certainly makes me suspicious!!

Martin

Edited by MartinTrucks
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Rails have just cancelled their model so I suspect there will be a load of people who ordered from Rails now ordering the Hornby model. 

I do hope that Rails have not incurred any great expense with this project.

Martin

Edited by MartinTrucks

Mine arrived yesterday, I am so impressed with the detail Hornby have managed to incorporate in such a tiny model. However, the couplings drove me to despair, until I finally got them all to stay in place.  

• RMweb Gold

This was apparently scanned at the NRM in July 2018. I am amazed quite frankly that it  appears to have passed unnoticed by the ....erm...”competition “.....given the close cooperation between the NRM and etc. ,etc. .

I am truly sorry for Rails.They are trying damned hard and aren’t having the best of fortune lately.Never mind .Yorkshire grit will out.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

At no point did I say they were original carriages. They are LMS.

It has to be said that Hornby do have a pretty reasonable record with LMS carriages. Though a composite - of the 60 ft gangwayed variety - would be welcome...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Those pictures of the Rocket beside a Big Boy are interesting. The Big Boy is longer than the entire Rocket train.

I wonder does Rocket  provide a service from one end of the Big Boy to the other ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

29 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

I tried to order 2 x Hornby, to replace the to-be-cancelled Rails version, but when I reached the checkout, they were sold out.

Stewart

I've just pre-ordered two, and it work for me. Did you have another go?

7 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Those pictures of the Rocket beside a Big Boy are interesting. The Big Boy is longer than the entire Rocket train.

I wonder does Rocket  provide a service from one end of the Big Boy to the other ;)

Don't forget too, the Big Boy is to H0 scale!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

I tried to order 2 x Hornby, to replace the to-be-cancelled Rails version, but when I reached the checkout, they were sold out.

Stewart

Rails have re-released their version now at twice the original price :lol:

Relax...just kidding

• Funny 3

14 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

Went to Hornby & ordered direct as Rails have sold their allocation.

And I went through with Hattons as I saw that Rails already sold out. I just hope I wasn't too late and will get booted off the list.

Edited by Ribird