Hornby W1 Hush Hush

truffy

50 minutes ago, davidw said:

247 developments already do a plate.

https://www.247developments.co.uk/fictitious_names.html

It's not a certificate-secured site, so you need to remove the 's' for it to work properly on some browsers (e.g. navigation buttons showing):

http://www.247developments.co.uk/fictitious_names.html

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, truffy said:

It's not a certificate-secured site, so you need to remove the 's' for it to work properly on some browsers (e.g. navigation buttons showing):

http://www.247developments.co.uk/fictitious_names.html

If you are using Kaspersky the connection has been verified independently by them.

verify.PNG.8044bb0dbb53deced85a0706e59079d3.PNG

23 minutes ago, melmerby said:

If you are using Kaspersky the connection has been verified independently by them.

verify.PNG.8044bb0dbb53deced85a0706e59079d3.PNG

My point was that if you use HTTPS, as per David's link, you get this:

247-https.png.ae409711b7c0524e8dd51432af04cd23.png

But if you use HTTP, you get this:

247-http.png.e368d198d18df538a0973b94620cd622.png

I'm not using Kaspersky.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, truffy said:

My point was that if you use HTTPS, as per David's link, you get this:

But if you use HTTP, you get this:

I'm not using Kaspersky.

I was pointing out that if you have Kaspersky, it all works as a https.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 18/10/2020 at 11:51, 6990WitherslackHall said:

I recently found a photo of inside the W1's boiler in a book I have. I was expecting it to have a lot of tubes but it doesn't have that many tubes as a normal steam locomotive boiler. Instead it only has two.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

The boiler is a water tube boiler so it has lots of tubes full of water connecting the drums.

It is these tubes which are heated to produce the steam, which collects in the upper drum.

A normal boiler is a fire tube boiler so the fire passes through the tubes to heat the water.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Just watched the Hornby video of the W1 (and Clan Line & Peckett)

The wheels on the inside bearing trailing truck on the W1 didn't rotate!

Probably as they are floating wheelsets like all of Hornbies Pacifics. Would be surprised if they didn't include an alternative pair of flanged wheelsets for large radius layouts or display models. 

• Agree 1

I've pre-ordered Hush Hush in original condition from TMC, but when I click to view details of my order it states "This item has sold out". I haven't been charged but I assume they would not accept pre-orders if they lacked the stock to fulfill them? I'm glad- but not surprised- that this is a very sought-after locomotive.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, nathan70000 said:

I've pre-ordered Hush Hush in original condition from TMC, but when I click to view details of my order it states "This item has sold out". I haven't been charged but I assume they would not accept pre-orders if they lacked the stock to fulfill them? I'm glad- but not surprised- that this is a very sought-after locomotive.

I wouldn’t assume that it is necessarily the case that it applies to your specific order.It may be that this is the way their stock system/online ordering works. If in doubt,ring them up or email is best.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, paftrain said:

I don’t know if anybody has noticed, but, according to Hornby’s website, the Hush hush locos have quietly slipped to spring 2021 and the rebuilds to summer 2021.

Looks like the A2/2 A2/3 may arrive before.  Who dropped the tool?

• Like 1

In fairness to Hornby, they’re pushing through a bunch of newly tooled locomotives, in a global pandemic, in amongst other companies doing the same in these factories. 

I don’t mind the models slipping back a bit if it means we don’t have a rushed/compromised model. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, 69843 said:

I don’t mind the models slipping back a bit if it means we don’t have a rushed/compromised model. 

Hopefully it’ll give them the opportunity to deal with that VPL

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 69843 said:

In fairness to Hornby, they’re pushing through a bunch of newly tooled locomotives, in a global pandemic, in amongst other companies doing the same in these factories. 

Since it's sold out at Hornby and retailers, the demand is there, so hopefully a slight delay will allow for a few more to be made !

Cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tractionman said:

Since it's sold out at Hornby and retailers, the demand is there, so hopefully a slight delay will allow for a few more to be made !

Cheers,

Keith

I guess that was a bit tongue in cheek.

Once a booked slot for production has been used it will be difficult to get another booked in the near future.

The first run of X number amount might have sold out. How many more might be needed to satisfy demand?

There needs a minimum quantity to make a new run viable and Hornby need to be pretty sure they can sell enough before re-ordering.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, melmerby said:

I guess that was a bit tongue in cheek.

Once a booked slot for production has been used it will be difficult to get another booked in the near future.

The first run of X number amount might have sold out. How many more might be needed to satisfy demand?

There needs a minimum quantity to make a new run viable and Hornby need to be pretty sure they can sell enough before re-ordering.

And alas Hornby have something of a track record of quickly reordering and over-ordering for a second run when the first sells really well or sells out.  Provided they have made a profit on the first run it might make more sense to wait before the second or to stagger the variety of versions they do?

• Like 1