Hornby W1 Hush Hush

truffy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Bit of a query. R3840 looks to be a lighter grey than R3979. Did the loco carry different grey shades or just Hornby’s colour choice for the CG image do you think?

8E1CBFA7-55C1-4DE4-8B60-4EEA28B8BCBC.jpeg

710518DD-8E51-4F13-9CAB-451F15402656.jpeg

The top picture looks like the actual livery sample for the first announced grey model. The bottom one looks like a computer render created for the catalogue.

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

The top picture looks like the actual livery sample for the first announced grey model. The bottom one looks like a computer render created for the catalogue.

Yeah I had a feeling along those lines. Got confused further when Model Rail stated it would be in LNER Black livery. 

47 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Bit of a query. R3840 looks to be a lighter grey than R3979. Did the loco carry different grey shades or just Hornby’s colour choice for the CG image do you think?

I think Hornby has used for R 3979 the wrong picture , they used the single original blast pipe, the double blast pipe version looks like 

British Enterprise, the small footplate is different too 

r3841_1_w1-hush-hush (1).jpg

Edited by Cor-onGRT4

4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

The image used for R3840 is a photograph of the actual  md el anf the image used for R3979 is a CGI based on the CAD work which is later textured either using the CAD program or in Photoshop.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, D9001 said:

I am seriously beginning to think that I may not live long enough to receive my Hush Hush. I’m 61 for God’s sake get a move on! 

Still quicker than Dapol has taken with the 59. What is it now, 4 or 5 years? 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

Still quicker than Dapol has taken with the 59. What is it now, 4 or 5 years? 

My oldest pre-order (that is still live) is the Steam Railmotor, it pre-dates the Dapol 59 by a whole year.. Nov 2014, but I think the Dapol 29 will forever hold the record.

• RMweb Gold

i don't see the issue, still less than 2 years from announcement to delivery, thats about the going rate for a model these days.

i've got an original on order and i'm sure it will be worth the wait

4 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

i don't see the issue, still less than 2 years from announcement to delivery, thats about the going rate for a model these days.

i've got an original on order and i'm sure it will be worth the wait

The issue is that my personal egg timer is rapidly running out of sand.....

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

On 31/03/2021 at 23:53, D9001 said:

I am seriously beginning to think that I may not live long enough to receive my Hush Hush. I’m 61 for God’s sake get a move on! 

I too am 61 but ever the optimist! Following all the feedback from purchasers of the A2/2s, reporting poor build quality, missing parts, etc., Hornby may have decided to delay release until they run the whole batch through an additional QC check. It would be a pity if you had to send back a faulty one just as the grim reaper............

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Tramshed said:

I too am 61 but ever the optimist! Following all the feedback from purchasers of the A2/2s, reporting poor build quality, missing parts, etc., Hornby may have decided to delay release until they run the whole batch through an additional QC check. It would be a pity if you had to send back a faulty one just as the grim reaper............

There’s a jolly thought. Hopefully they have a large layout up in Heaven.  And locos are the right shade of green .

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

15 hours ago, D9001 said:

There’s a jolly thought. Hopefully they have a large layout up in Heaven.  And locos are the right shade of green .

Don’t bet on it. The ballast will fall through the clouds and you’ll have to do everything with one hand because you’ll have a harp in the other.

• Funny 4