New tooling - BR Standard 2MT 2-6-0 2MT 78xxx

Graham_Muz

On 23/07/2021 at 07:47, Ruffnut Thorston said:

46521 was named “Blossom” while being used for filming of the sadly curtailed comedy series “Oh Doctor Beeching”.

https://www.svrwiki.com/LMS_Ivatt_Class_2_46521

20484B18-DFA4-4BA7-8CCE-DEE5E1A7ADD3.jpeg.0b15af7f209bdc211be19bbb16608625.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh,_Doctor_Beeching!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115302/

Hornby Railways used this number on the green version of their 2-6-0.

Neither Hornby Railways or Bachmann have produced a TV series train set.

We were going to make up some name plates, but haven’t got around to it yet…;)

I remember at the time Arley station still had the Hatley signs up and the station master in full uniform was shouting "HATLEY, HATLEY, HATLEY!"

• Funny 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It would seem to me that this new model has become a victim of both COVID delays and world shipping issues.  However the complete radio silence on this loco make me wonder if there have been development issues.  Has anyone heard anything about this model since the Engine Shed updates?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jus looked at the Hornby website and they have been removed from the “coming soon” pages… a quick search for under “collections”  and i found them, with delivery now quoted as Winter 2023!! More time to save up for the Collectors Club model but why cant Hornby say this? Do they mean early 2023 or late 23???? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tiddles47 said:

Jus looked at the Hornby website and they have been removed from the “coming soon” pages… a quick search for under “collections”  and i found them, with delivery now quoted as Winter 2023!! More time to save up for the Collectors Club model but why cant Hornby say this? Do they mean early 2023 or late 23???? 

I would assume winter '23 is Nov, Dec 2022 and Jan 2023 and assume this affects 2nd batch only?

I think we can all accept that stuff has/will be pushed back more so now due to various issues (insert as appropriate). However it would be nice if Hornby was a bit more open about it like other manufacturers have been (Dapol and Accurascale come to mind)

But I will take the extra time to see though 

• Like 2

I am not surprised I suspect Winter 23 may mean January-March 2023.  I have a suspicion that Hornby 2022 range may simply be a whole load of reruns in new guises.  I wouldn’t argue with a GWR castle in shirt button livery and collet tender!

• Like 1

It’s a very strange one as I’m sure it was the January 2021 edition of the engine shed where what looked like near finished livery examples where shown? 
I know the Covid blah blah has delayed things but to keep saying they’re a month or so away and then pushing them back by 6 months, to then taking them off the coming soon pages all together is very strange? I mean if they were saying December/ January until a few days ago then the must have been complete and on the boat to the UK one would think? 
I’m feeling the same as others towards my two preorders, I feel a cancellation coming on and I’ll put my money towards other models to keep my money behind my local model shops counter.

Edited by Northmoor MPD
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Northmoor MPD said:

It’s a very strange one as I’m sure it was the January 2021 edition of the engine shed where what looked like near finished livery examples where shown? 
I know the Covid blah blah has delayed things but to keep saying they’re a month or so away and then pushing them back by 6 months, to then taking them off the coming soon pages all together is very strange? I mean if they were saying December/ January until a few days ago then the must have been complete and on the boat to the UK one would think? 
I’m feeling the same as others towards my two preorders, I feel a cancellation coming on and I’ll put my money towards other models to keep my money behind my local model shops counter.

I wonder if there was a factory issue. I know that in the past Hornby has "lost" factories and I wonder if that has happened here. It "feels" as if it is a tooling "restart" after the research is completed.

Luke

• Like 1