Hornby | More Than Just A Hobby . . . A Lifetime's Journey

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

I still have my first loco albeit Triang back in those days. Only 4 or 5 when I got it. I was hoping to run this Jinty at the Furness show last October but couldn't find the original wheels (as many years ago I fitted Romford wheels) so that I could run it on our friends Triang layout. The year before I found the wheels but not the loco. I wont be getting rid of it anytime soon.

• Agree 1

It’s funny, I’ve been into model railways pretty much all my life but I’ve only owned one Hornby loco, an 86. Admittedly I’m younger than many but it was Lima, Airfix, Mainline and (a bit later) Dapol for me as a child. I don’t have this nostalgic thing for Hornby that others seem to.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Surely when he was  going off in uniform his battledress was not the correct sort of material for that period (whatever that period was meant to be?) although it did at least have post the 1944 arrangement of buttons.   There's more to life than counting rivets :D:help:

That was never a military issue outfit anywhere; it looked like a 1980s or later cleaner's uniform, and what the **** did he have on his shoulder staps?.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Half way through that I’d thought he’d murdered his wife or something, trying way too hard there I think the creative team should stick to marketing models :lol:

Half way through I thought he had eaten her!!!

trying to work out at 4 mins what they were looking at....was it the northern lights?

its rather bizarre....

Edited by pheaton
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, pheaton said:

trying to work out at 4 mins what they were looking at....was it the northern lights?

its rather bizarre....

Fireworks - my take on it was that it was an attempt to suggest new years eve.

Yes we can all pick holes, from the obvious plastic baby doll used at the beginning through to the shots of the chap in uniform boarding a rake of Mk1s at the Bluebell (filmed mid-week during the Santa special season if the platform decorations are anything to go by) its not going to win any academy awards for accuracy.

However, it is its quite sweet in its way and it does come across more as a akin to a media student coursework rather than a full on professional production. In that respect I would say well done to the Hornby team for giving it a go and perhaps folk shouldn't be so quick to disparage it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Half way through that I’d thought he’d murdered his wife or something

Maybe Mr. 1970 was frustrated that Tri-ang killed off Dublo?

R861 (Evening Star) was released in 1971.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Funny 1