LMS Coronation Scot Coaches

Garethp8873

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, maico said:

Do these come with lights fitted? Hatton's say they do but the Hornby site doesn't mention them.

Yes they do. Shown in a previous engine shed. Quite below. 

“These coaches all feature working lighting, and a great effort has been made to improve the effect the lighting has on the interior. The designer paid particular attention to the way the light on the table fades away from the table lamps in the restaurant cars and the result is very noticeable, a really nice touch, as are the etched windows on the kitchen coach.”

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Gilwell Park said:

I notice that these coaches do not appear in the 2021 catalogue. Does this mean that they are a strictly limited edition and will not be repeated? That seems to be a lot of tooling for not much use?

Roger

They may well be strictly limited. I do not know.

The coaches themselves lived on beyond their time in the Coronation Scot service, so they could well re-appear in standard LMS or BR livery.

1 hour ago, Gilwell Park said:

I notice that these coaches do not appear in the 2021 catalogue. Does this mean that they are a strictly limited edition and will not be repeated? That seems to be a lot of tooling for not much use?

Roger

No, it means that they've sold out on pre-order. Same logic applies to the Hornby APT-P. If a 2020 item has sold out on pre-order, they're not shown in the 2021 catalogue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MGR Hooper! said:

No, it means that they've sold out on pre-order. Same logic applies to the Hornby APT-P. If a 2020 item has sold out on pre-order, they're not shown in the 2021 catalogue.

They are still available to pre-order though on the Hornby website. In the April delivery section https://uk.Hornby.com/catalogue/coming-soon?spring=true&page=1

Edited by maico
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, maico said:

They are still available to pre-order though on the Hornby website. In the April delivery section https://uk.Hornby.com/catalogue/coming-soon?spring=true&page=1

There's two possible explanations for that (what I can think of atleast)...

- Hornby have a small allocation for themselves which hasn't been pre-ordered completely).
- Hornby's new website is still experiencing a few teething troubles, it could be showing that incorrectly.

2 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

There's two possible explanations for that (what I can think of atleast)...

- Hornby have a small allocation for themselves which hasn't been pre-ordered completely).
- Hornby's new website is still experiencing a few teething troubles, it could be showing that incorrectly.

Apart from coach R4964 Restaurant Open First, which has recently sold out, you can still pre-order on Amazon. When the catalogue went to print they were still available so I conclude they just forgot to put them in!

Edited by maico
  • Like 1

Just managed to pre-order them all including RFO which I had to search for separately. Suspect a few website glitches still. E.g. also not in the list of releases were the Mk4 DVT and HST DVT, but the Mk3 DVT re-release was. Again we will wait and see what gets fulfilled!

Neil.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, drt7uk said:

Has anyone seen any more updates re release date? Latest I saw was that these were due to be released this month 

Listed on the Hornby website " Coming Soon" section as April apparently. 

I would treat this with a pinch of salt at the moment, 2021 releases are arriving prior to 2020 items.

Edited by Black 5 Bear

16 hours ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Listed on the Hornby website " Coming Soon" section as April apparently. 

I would treat this with a pinch of salt at the moment, 2021 releases are arriving prior to 2020 items.

Ugh, I know it can't be helped given the circumstances but still annoying!

• Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, robertcwp said:

Kernow's latest newsletter states these coaches are expected this month.

T.B.H. , I only rely on Hornby's site these days , every shop says something different, on  Hornby's  under coming soon you can see when they expecting, for now it is April, still for pre-order on the moment.

And when in stock at Hornby, they mostly in a few weeks in shops.

That I find the most reliable way for now.

On 11/03/2021 at 14:54, Cor-onGRT4 said:

T.B.H. , I only rely on Hornby's site these days , every shop says something different, on  Hornby's  under coming soon you can see when they expecting, for now it is April, still for pre-order on the moment.

Kernow's newsletters are normally very accurate on expected delivery of new products. I think they get notification of expected deliveries from Hornby with what and when.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 11/03/2021 at 14:54, Cor-onGRT4 said:

On 14/03/2021 at 13:06, Pre Grouping fan said:

Kernow's newsletters are normally very accurate on expected delivery of new products. I think they get notification of expected deliveries from Hornby with what and when.

Just for the record Kernow only advise expected delivery of items when advised such by the manufactures. As with all such advice from manufacturers it is always subject to alteration.

Absolutely apopletic at Hornby, they've acted like total cheats. I've just been told by Hattons that my pre-order has been cancelled as Hornby are refusing to supply them with their full allocation. So now I have to pay extra to buy through Hornby's own site. Absolute disgrace. I placed this order on 10 Jan 2020!

Edited by drt7uk
  • Funny 1

4 minutes ago, drt7uk said:

Absolutely apopletic at Hornby, they've acted like total cheats. I've just been told by Hattons that my pre-order has been cancelled as Hornby are refusing to supply them with their full allocation. Simon Koller you are a menance. So now I have to pay extra to buy through Hornby's own site. Absolute disgrace. I placed this order on 10 Jan 2020! So furious and so let down by that mans total greed and lack of fair play. Sack him before he ruins the hobby.

Perhaps they are envious of Hattons empire, built on selling their products, and think that by restricting supplies to Hattons and selling them from their own shop they too might become profitable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drt7uk said:

Absolutely apopletic at Hornby, they've acted like total cheats. I've just been told by Hattons that my pre-order has been cancelled as Hornby are refusing to supply them with their full allocation. Simon Koller you are a menance. So now I have to pay extra to buy through Hornby's own site. Absolute disgrace. I placed this order on 10 Jan 2020! So furious and so let down by that mans total greed and lack of fair play. Sack him before he ruins the hobby.

I understand your frustration but there are usually 2 sides to every dispute, each with a little truth & I am sure Hornby would have a different answer if asked about the subject.

Do not judge them purely on somebody else's word.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

9 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I understand your frustration but there are usually 2 sides to every dispute, each with a little truth & I am sure Hornby would have a different answer if asked about the subject.

Do not judge them purely on somebody else's word.

Fair point. I've found another site who assure me that they are promised their full allocation so let's see if Hornby keep their word.

A bit fed up with these silly games and squabbles, from the Genesis coach duplication to the spat with Rails which leaves us caught in the middle (I feel sorry for those who had pre-orders of Hornby models via Rails that lost out, for example). It's supposed to be a fun hobby, not a source of stress. I am inclined to side with Rails and Hattons on this too - from my perspective they have both contributed enormously positively to the hobby in the recent years, especially in regards to the pre-grouping era. Is it really a massive threat to Hornby to see them bring out locos like the Caledonian 0-6-0 or Bluebell (both of which I have / have pre-ordered)? I don't think so.

Edited by drt7uk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, drt7uk said:

Fair point. I've found another site who assure me that they are promised their full allocation so let's see if Hornby keep their word.

A bit fed up with these silly games and squabbles, from the Genesis coach duplication to the spat with Rails which leaves us caught in the middle (I feel sorry for those who had pre-orders of Hornby models via Rails that lost out, for example). It's supposed to be a fun hobby, not a source of stress.

& also the spat between Hattons & Bachmann. Hornby were not involved in that so it does make me wonder what goes on in private.

We are indeed in a hobby but to these companies, it is a business.

• Agree 1