LMS Coronation Scot Coaches

Garethp8873

Thanks for the clarification SS.

I've never had any problems, 'though I've been using 1mm thick Pb sheet.

It can always be easily cut, folded, pressed and shaped.

I have perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 of the length of the of the body - take care where the wheels are, where the motor is, particularly main part which may have to be avoided.

I'll shape the sheet to fit just inside the body, follow the form, and glue into position.

I agree with many, to add too much isn't helping anyone, but it's probably still going to be lighter than the H-Dublo ones - with the same chassis!!

Al.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, does anyone have/knows if the new run of Coronation Scot Kitchen cars (R40054 - RK 30085 or R40054A - RK 30089) are free rolling compared to the intial batch? Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been any indication that any of the Coronation Scot coaches will be released in LMS or BR maroon?  I need the kitchen car to complete my 8-car Caledonian, and option A right now is to buy a blue one and repaint - an easy job.

Thanks

PBM

• Like 1

5 hours ago, proton said:

Has there been any indication that any of the Coronation Scot coaches will be released in LMS or BR maroon?  I need the kitchen car to complete my 8-car Caledonian, and option A right now is to buy a blue one and repaint - an easy job.

Thanks

PBM

No indication yet, but given the level of development of all the different types, it's a no brainer to offer different numbers and liveries. A matter of when, not if surely.

Neil.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, anyone knows if another company makes the extended gangways for these coaches? My Hornby RK and RTO only came with one in the bag unlike the rest and Hornby were unable to supply the missing ones.

Edited by Capel

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Capel said:

Hello, anyone knows if another company makes the extended gangways for these coaches? My Hornby RK and RTO only came with one in the bag unlike the rest and Hornby were unable to supply the missing ones.

unnamed.jpg.339665c81e170a2206118c23c16836a7.jpg

Various available in the Comet range - https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/page/7/?s=Comet+LMS&post_type=product&title=1&excerpt=1&content=1&categories=1&attributes=1&tags=0&sku=1&orderby=date-DESC&ixwps=1

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has this been discussed before?:  The kitchen cars for the Coronation Scot train had LNWR 8' bogies, correctly modelled by Hornby.  But, when the Caledonian was run in the late '50s, with the single kitchen car now in maroon, did it retain the 8' bogies or were the standard LMS 9' bogies used?

Thanks

John