just doodling

Just been experimenting in anyrail for an as yet un-named oo gauge micro layout. Initial size will be 4ft x 1ft with a possible later extension to 8ft x 1ft.

What are people's thoughts?

Untitled-6.jpg

Edited by bodmin65
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bodmin65 said:

Origanaly a combination of both possibly. 

This lends it's self to a truncated branch, i.e. originally a through station but the tracks to the left closed as part of "Beaching" type cutbacks.

4 hours ago, Kerluc said:

Have you some links to Ian Futer’s layouts ? Thanks.

Try Google. Ian isn't really on-line as such, and as he's been building, exhibiting & publishing since at least the mid '70s as far as I know, many of his layouts pre-date the Internet anyway.

This particular 3-point plan was built in P4 & 0 scale versions. Try "Percy Street"; it was bought by someone else & re-named "Oldham King St". Plenty of videos of it on YouTube.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Have a look at my old Portsea Town topic ,soon to be reborn as Vernon Square. Very similar and Futersesque. Possibly disguise the plan with sidings going out of site as a false two line plan for more visual interest . 

How about an urban branch or secondary city terminus with emus and/or dmus and parcels 

On 07/01/2020 at 17:03, F-UnitMad said:

Try Google. Ian isn't really on-line as such, and as he's been building, exhibiting & publishing since at least the mid '70s as far as I know, many of his layouts pre-date the Internet anyway.

This particular 3-point plan was built in P4 & 0 scale versions. Try "Percy Street"; it was bought by someone else & re-named "Oldham King St". Plenty of videos of it on YouTube.

One of Ian's layouts has been resurrected as Dalnottar Riverside. It's also on YouTube and particularly recommended if BR blue is your thing!

2 hours ago, aac said:

Here's the first plan in your post in 7mm as modelled on Oldham King Street. I remember it gave pleasure to many viewers at the NEC a few years ago.

aac

Sorry - the link below failed to send earlier, so trying again now. It is a terminus and uses the plan in your first post.

• Like 1

The only thing that doesn't look quite right to me is the single track bridge where the track exits to the fiddle yard. For an urban terminus I think it would be better to have a double track bridge and extend the rear siding under the bridge, either as a siding or a running line as Dalnottar Riverside.