Scottish loft layout (No Name)

Benjamin Brady

Good Morning All, 

I though I would start this new topic on my friends layout. He has moved into the dangerous world of women and house ownership. However that can not be seen as a bad thing with a loft space which was just crying out for a model railway. So job no1 was to turn this into the railway room. This now gives us a layout around 20ft x 10ft, with two spurs around the boiler. Heads were put together and a rough track plan created. The layout is to be a present day Scottish themed layout. However I've not twisted his arm to set it in the central belt and get the knitting up yet.......there is still time. The station shall be roughly modelled on Dundee. An island platform with 2 bays. Leaving the station there is an up/dn goods loop which shall lead off via a junction to a container terminal or other similar style of yard as yes to be decided. After my years in Aberdeen I am thinking something like Waterloo Goods would fit in perfect here. The opposite side of the layout shall have the fiddle yards and like all good layouts a depot of some description in the opposite spur around the boiler.

Track laying is progressing very well. one side has been completely laid and the station is nearly there. We hope to have a continues loop down very soon so we can get trains running. I attach a sketch of the track plan (which has already altered....no middle siding in the bays). Then two photos showing the station area. I'll update with more photos when I can. 

599191390_ollie2.jpg.e9caa511e8229fa3514eceb087305871.jpg

Ollie_1.jpg

Ollie.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Good Morning,

I know he has been doing a lot of the wiring and getting the point motors installed on the layout. Those who will do DCC :P. The layout is now as a compete circuit stage. I'll ask for some updated photos. As you say with lockdown I've not been able to get over to help. However there has been a little project on our  workbench for the platforms.

Benjamin

Hi,

After returning from Model Rail Scotland I asked Phil at the club to produce a few of the Scotrail barrel plan plots. Phil being a dab hand on Cad soon had some 4mm ones turned out for Ollie's layout and a few 7mm ones to add to the clubs news layout. They do look the part.

Benjamin

Scotrail.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2