• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New Peckett kits in 009 & 0-16.5
  • 4 weeks later...

Afternoon everyone, here is a bit of an update on things. Firstly I just wanted to let everyone know I currently have a "Black Friday" sale with money off on all my kits on my website. Link here

The deadline for guaranteed Christmas orders is Monday the 7th of December. I'll still be accepting and posting orders after this date but I can't guarantee they'll reach you by Christmas. I am open to international orders but I'm told there are massive delays regarding these. So if you are outside of the UK and would like to order a kit I'd suggest getting in touch soon!.

Next I have a new kit available on my site. It's freelance Sentinel which has taken its inspiration from a few different real life prototypes. Link here

sentinel.jpg?format=750w

Lastly I still have a few copies of my 2021 railway calendar, these can be found here

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New Sentinel kit, Black Friday Sale & Christmas order update
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - 2021 Railway Calendar
  • 4 weeks later...

New Kit!

009/oo9 Manning Wardle Tram

newMW.jpg?format=2500w

I was recently researching the North Sunderland Railway. During my research I found that one of the original ideas was for the line to be built as a narrow gauge tramway...and this got me thinking!

For more info and to purchase the kit please follow this link

It can also be found on my eBay

And Shapeways

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New 009 Manning Wardle kit
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in the process of replacing some of my older 009 models with newer updates versions that include better detailing. The first two to receive the treatment are my "Sharp Stewart/ Clogher Valley" inspired tram and the "long tank" version of my Skylark tram.

clogher.jpg?format=2500w

kerr.jpg?format=2500w

These are designed for the Kato 109 chassis and can be found here

and here

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New Sharp Stewart Tram & updated Kerr Stuart "Skylark"

Another new model and a revised older one.

First up is a freelance Ruston inspired diesel designed to fit a cut down Kato 109 chassis. You'll need to remove material from the front/back and side to make it fit under the body. It can be found here

DSC_0129.JPG?format=1500w

Secondly my popular Skylark tram has been given a face lift. It can be found here

DSC_0150.JPG?format=1500w

All models can also be purchased from my eBay store

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New Ruston style diesel for Kato 109 chassis & updated Kerr Stuart "Skylark"
  • 4 weeks later...

A bit of a sizeable update for you all this afternoon...

Firstly I have a new 009 loco kit out based on a Neilson box tank. The link for that can be found here

DSC_0161+(1).JPG?format=1500w

Next 3 of my older models have had a refresh. These are my 0-6-0 Peckett which has been redesigned to fit the Roco 0-6-0T chassis. Link

DSC_0170+(1).JPG?format=1500w

Next my freelance Kerr Stuart 0-4-0 for the Tomix Percy Chassis has also had some work done to make it look a little more like "Diana" the Sirdar. Link

DSC_0172+(1).JPG?format=1500w

And lastly my Skylark body has also had some work done. And I can now report that the body will fit the Bachmann white box 0-4-0 chassis. I also believe someone fitted it to the Fleischmann 0-4-0 chassis as well. Link

DSC_0173+(1).JPG?format=1500w

These models are also available from my eBay store.

I've also put some fully painted & detailed bodies up on my eBay.

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New 009 Neilson box tank loco kit & updates to some older models
  • 1 month later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Easter sale now on.
  • 1 month later...

*New 009 kits*

DSC_0456.JPG?format=1500w

First up is a freelance Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST loosely inspired by those used on the Davington Light Railway. It is designed to fit the Roco 0-6-0 steam loco chassis.

This can be purchased from my website

Or eBay

DSC_0463.JPG?format=1500w

Secondly is a tram skirt version of the Manning Wardle. This is designed to fit a cut down Kato 109.

Website

eBay

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Two new 009 Manning Wardle loco kits.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Freelance 009 diesel body kit.
  • 1 month later...

I'm currently working on several new kits that I plan to release shortly. In the meantime, all my current models have had some work done on them to drastically reduce the print lines that plagued areas such as the boilers. To celebrate this, I've decided to have a sale on all my model kits. This can be found by clicking here

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Sale now on!
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - new and improved 009 Ruston style diesel kit
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New Kerr Stuart & Hunslet kits
  • 1 month later...

DSC_0787.JPG?format=1500w

Here's a little something I've been working on recently. For a while now, I've wanted a Hunslet tank for the tramway project I'm working on. I decided to make this my next 3D printed body kit. I took inspiration from Leeds No.1 and the Hunslets used on the Howrah & Amta Light Railway. It's designed to fit a cutdown Kato 109 chassis (not included). The links to where you can buy the kit can be found below

Website

eBay

I do have several more kits in development, which I hope to share in the coming days and weeks. This will include a few variants of this Hunslet.

• Like 2

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - MD Models - New Hunslet side tank kit
  • RMweb Gold

Very nice Matt. 

I'll be placing an order for one of your prints shortly. I do have a spare Kato 109 chassis so it will be ideal. 

The Hunslet tank looks great. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Thanks 1

I've been working on some more Hunslets for my tramway project. Hopefully these models will be of interest to others.

Firstly is a Quarry Hunslet style loco, looks good with the Peco Slate wagons!

DSC_07972.jpg?format=1500w

And lastly another variant of my Hunslet side tank tram, this time with longer tanks similar to "Russell"

DSC_0795.JPG?format=1500w

If you are interested in getting your own, these can be purchased from either of the following links.

Website

eBay

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - MD Models - New Hunslet kits (Saddle & Side tank)
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always had a soft spot for the Kerr Stuart "Sirdar" class. I first learned about the existence of the class when I was researching the Cawfields Quarry Railway in Northumbria, who had one. My 009 model is designed to fit the Kato 109 or Kato 108 (easier to shorten the chassis to fit under the body).

If you would like to purchase your own, then please check out the below links

DSC_0802.JPG?format=1500w

Main Website & eBay

Also, if anyone is after a 2022 railway themed Calendar. Then look no further!

DSC_0798.JPG?format=1500w

images.png?format=2500w

DSC_0795.JPG?format=750w

This can be purchased from here & here

Edited by MattDitch
  • Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New Kerr Stuart "Sirdar" kit and 2022 Railway Calendar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New cutdown Hunslet kit and 2022 Railway Calendar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - 2022 Railway Calendar
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on a few things....

The first and most important; I'm aware there is an intermittent issue with the postage on my eBay shop. If you encounter an error while checking out, please private message me, and I'll work to resolve this for you. eBay have been informed of the issue, and they assure me that it will be fixed in the next 3-4 days.

Next, the deadline for Christmas orders will be Friday the 10th of December. I will continue to post after this date, but I can't guarantee they'll arrive for Christmas. Get your order in early to avoid disappointment.

And lastly and most excitingly, I currently have a number of new kits in development in 3 different scales (009, 00 & 0-16.5) I don't have any release dates yet, so please keep your eyes peeled!

Thank you!

• Informative/Useful 1

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Important update

As promised, here are some new kits!

Up first is an 009 Hunslet side tank 0-6-0 designed to fit the Roco 0-6-0 steam locomotive chassis (not included)

DSC_0110.JPG?format=1500w

This is followed by another 009 loco. A freelance Hunslet saddle tank with motion covers. This is designed to fit the Kato 11-105 (not included)

DSC_0099.JPG?format=1500w

And lastly, finally something for those who model O16.5 narrow gauge. This is Hunslet 0-6-0 designed to fit the readily available Electrotren 0-6-0 chassis (not supplied).

DSC_0116.JPG?format=1500w

Clicking on the above images will take you to my online shop where you can purchase these models.

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New models in 009 & O16.5

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm pleased to announce our 20% off Black Friday sale. The sale will run from today till Sunday evening. Simply use the code BLACKFRIDAY20 at the check-out to receive 20% off on all orders.

Orders over £50 will receive a free railway calendar worth £11 (while stocks last)

Please visit my online shop to view our full range of kits

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - 20% off Black Friday sale

I'll be launching 2 new kits tomorrow. A new locomotive (steam) and our first rolling stock kit.

In the meantime, don't forget the 20% off Black Friday sale we are currently running. The sale will run till Sunday evening. Simply use the code BLACKFRIDAY20 at the check-out to receive 20% off on all orders.

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - 20% off Black Friday sale & new rolling stock & locomotive kits

As promised, here are the two new 009 kits I discussed recently.

First up is our first rolling stock kit, a brake tender, loosely based on those used by St. Kitts Sugar Manufacturing Corporation. The body kit is designed to fit on the Dundas Models DM05 chassis (not included) or, similar. Link to shop

DSC_0117.JPG?format=1500w

Next up, a Hunslet inspired side tank. This is designed for the Kato 105 chassis. Link to shop

DSC_0120.JPG?format=1500w

In the meantime, don't forget the 20% off Black Friday sale we are currently running. The sale will run till Sunday evening. Simply use the code BLACKFRIDAY20 at the check-out to receive 20% off on all orders.

Orders over £50 will receive a free railway calendar worth £11 (while stocks last)

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Bideford, Westward Ho! & Appledore Railway Hunslet in 00

New kit announcement

DSC_0140.JPG?format=1500w

I'm very pleased to finally be able to show off our first 00 scale body kit. The kit is based on the Hunslet tanks used on the Bideford, Westward Ho! & Appledore Railway. There were 3 identical tanks built, "Grenvile" (713), "Kingsley" (714) and "Torridge" (715).

You can purchase the kit from either of the following links

Website

eBay

For more history on the Bideford, Westward Ho! & Appledore Railway, please click here

1920px-BWH%2526AR_train_on_Bideford_quay

• Like 4