Cheshire Models Macclesfield

ianmacc

Just to advise this little but longstanding shop closed its doors last year. I understand the proprietor had been ill and this had affected opening hours for many months. Only sold a small amount of railways mainly on behalf of the local model railway group. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

Very sadly, Iris who founded the business some 30 years ago, recently passed away. Which as ianmacc says, is why the shop had to close.

I don't know what happened to all the stock, but doubt very much that it will open again.

cheers

Andy

21 hours ago, BigAndy said:

Very sadly, Iris who founded the business some 30 years ago, recently passed away. Which as ianmacc says, is why the shop had to close.

I don't know what happened to all the stock, but doubt very much that it will open again.

cheers

Andy

I returned to my former town over the weekend and thought I’d pop in hence the post. The Signage was taken down and the interior gutted so there is no way back for it.  

On 07/01/2020 at 23:37, BigAndy said:

Very sadly, Iris who founded the business some 30 years ago, recently passed away.

That is so so sad - Cheshire Models used to be my local model shop when I lived in Macclesfield. Iris was always cheery and lovely to chat with, whether about her working dogs who were usually behind the counter or the history of the UK model trade.