Tytherington Quarry branch

KeithHC

Driving down the A38 yesterday as I passed over Grovesend tunnel I had a brief view of a swarm of orange suited workers busy on the quarry headshut. I think I saw thermite welding going on. Just wondering what is happening.......

Keith

I'v noticed that the rails at Latteridge level crossing have clearly been in use for a few months. While it was cleared of vegetation, probably over a year ago now, I've yet to see any wagons in the headshunt leading up to the A38. I live only half a mile away, but it seems the departures are in the early hours, and as I used to regularly see the trains in the daytime when the line was previously open, I'll stay in bed...

• Informative/Useful 2

As per the RTT link further up Appleford is the regular destination from Tytherington, arrives after dark and departs in the small hours. Should be photographable in the summer. I don't think Mendip have run to anywhere else from there since it reopened, at least not before FLHH took over. I'm less involved now so not 100% if there's been any other traffic since they took on the contract 

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Informative/Useful 3

Good to hear …………. remember couple of years ago taking a possession of the line for tunnel examination at the quarry end and getting most of the way back up the M4 to Swindon after the job then looking down into the passenger side floorwell and thinking "that Annett's key probably should be back in the token machine :rolleyes:" - nice to think trains are regularly passing the badgers' skull up on a rock in the tunnel wall again …………..:good_mini:

• Like 1