47537 or similar paint wear

• RMweb Gold

I would like to weather 47537 as per the Kernow limited edition, not sure how to get the paint wear has anybody done one and could give me a few pointers. Thanks 

not my image 

Edited by Alan Oliver
Added image

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my interpretation of 47481 complete with Tinsley name, weathered with Humbrol 33 black and 62 tan sometimes referred to as leather. Once you have done a base wash with the Humbrol colours you then wipe of most of that wash with cotton bud dipped in thinners(not soaking wet), the bogies/underframe gets the same colour combo. The fade patches are a mix of white with a tiny amount of black or for blue fade patches use a blue white combo, I use artist oils for this process. These are mixed on a scrape of card, this draws out the oil, the brush should be almost dry . Use another clean brush (flat blade type)dragged down for streaks either with the tip vertical for thin streaks keep wiping both brushes, dab a dry brush for the random patches. The weathering on 481 was based on pictures found on Flickr .

The scrape running below the name was done by first running a white pencil crayon along a straight edge then touching in with oils 

20190408_195222-1.jpg

20190408_205224-2.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5