SR71

GEM/Lytchett Manor LNWR 0-8-0

Does anyone have one of these and could measure the wheel spacing the body is based on please? I have an idea for one but can't check suitability without going ahead and buying the kit which could be a bit of a waste...

15 minutes ago, SR71 said:

Does anyone have one of these and could measure the wheel spacing the body is based on please? I have an idea for one but can't check suitability without going ahead and buying the kit which could be a bit of a waste...

Why not ask Lytchett Manor?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Strange request seeing as Lytchett Manor recommend the Comet/Wizard chassis kit for the body kit. 

Just now, bike2steam said:

Strange request seeing as Lytchett Manor recommend the Comet/Wizard chassis kit for the body kit. 

Yes I'll admit it is an odd request. I'm thinking of doing something (not just a straight build) but don't want to say too much as it isn't for me. Sorry to be cryptic.

I think from their website Lytchett only cast to order so I doubt they would have one to measure.

Well if it's any help, the LNWR 0-8-0 driving wheel centre spacing was 5 foot 9 inches on all three ( or 23mm in OO gauge). I have 2 built before the Bachmann model appeared (which I have 5:sungum:), and LM took on GEM models. Good luck if you're intention is to make a 0-8-2 or 0-8-4 tank version.

• Thanks 1

Thanks bike2steam. Looks like I'd be needing to get the saw out if the kit is accurate then :blink: