Hornby 2020 Catalogue revelations

Legend

• RMweb Premium

Just sitting here having a good read at the Hornby Catalogue . Get to page 50 Train packs and reading down  other train packs in 2020 include “TransPennine striking Nova 1 AT300 bi-mode sets” . Looks like it was considered for 2020 but for whatever reason hasn’t Made the range this year. I’d be hopeful for next year though . Suspect someone just didn’t revise Catalogue in time . 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

20 minutes ago, Legend said:

Just sitting here having a good read at the Hornby Catalogue . Get to page 50 Train packs and reading down  other train packs in 2020 include “TransPennine striking Nova 1 AT300 bi-mode sets” . Looks like it was considered for 2020 but for whatever reason hasn’t Made the range this year. I’d be hopeful for next year though . Suspect someone just didn’t revise Catalogue in time . 

Maybe it's under review for some reason, it might just pop up in July 2020 when they make their mid-year announcements which normally include items that have been reviewed and they know for sure it can come in 2020 or early 2021?

And a big hint on page 66 about TTS Chips “ ..but the (Hornby) engineers are constantly looking at way to improve sound quality in the Hornby models, and are beginning to fit alternative speaker fitting  options into the newly tooled models in the 2020 range, such as A2, 2MT and W1. The design of the class 91 will introduce a new speaker configuration and application for Hornby taking TTS forward in its development”. !!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

10 minutes ago, miles73128 said:

And a big hint on page 66 about TTS Chips “ ..but the (Hornby) engineers are constantly looking at way to improve sound quality in the Hornby models, and are beginning to fit alternative speaker fitting  options into the newly tooled models in the 2020 range, such as A2, 2MT and W1. The design of the class 91 will introduce a new speaker configuration and application for Hornby taking TTS forward in its development”. !!

Do share this post in the main Hornby 2020 Announcements thread, as quite a few there seem to be making assumptions on the future of TTS and so on. I agree it's a little sad to see Hornby stuck to 8-pin DCC sockets. But it's atleast a good thing to see them standardising things like space for a speaker (and decoder??). Hopefully the Class 87 will be updated with that.

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Maybe it's under review for some reason, it might just pop up in July 2020 when they make their mid-year announcements which normally include items that have been reviewed and they know for sure it can come in 2020 or early 2021?

There’s no mention of the Avanti Pendolino  in the introduction so a pure guess by me , I bet that that that replaced the IET in the program for whatever reason .

We know from Railway Modeller that the sudden shut down of a factory delayed some Pecketts , Merchant Navies and significantly Azumas , so that might be part of reason . 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Legend said:

I wonder if that means other AT300 derived units would be possible, eg Class 385?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnR said:

I wonder if that means other AT300 derived units would be possible, eg Class 385?

That's an AT200 unit. Quite different.

Class 395 is in the AT300 family, which Hornby already do, but that itself is quite different to the 800 series IET.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, JohnR said:

I just thought they were reliverying the existing Azuma . It does say AT300 though 

I wonder if they were going to reskin an 800 and realised they can't, don't the 802s have bigger fuel tanks which I presume will be noticeable? Anyway I hope it gets announced in due course.

AT300 as far as the UK is concerned are 395, 800, 801, 802 and then the further orders. Given the Nova 1 is the 802 there shouldn't be any confusion as to what it is talking about I don't think?