R3819 Duchess Of Atholl

Co-tr-Paul

7 minutes ago, maico said:

I went to the Hornby website 2 days ago and there was 1 left available to order. No retailers 15% new model discount available buying direct of course.

Did you order it? And if so, did it take your money and confirm it as yours? 

44 minutes ago, Jenny Emily said:

Did you order it? And if so, did it take your money and confirm it as yours? 

Yes, but have you tried offical Hornby retailers who have little web presence? There are lots of them listed on the Hornby wesite and there may be unused allocation slots for them. I'm sure Hornby don't want all the models to end up at the 3 biggest discount retailers.

21 minutes ago, maico said:

Yes, but have you tried offical Hornby retailers who have little web presence? There are lots of them listed on the Hornby wesite and there may be unused allocation slots for them. I'm sure Hornby don't want all the models to end up at the 3 biggest discount retailers.

Hornby gave every retailer an allocation. The retailers then allowed people to order up to that allocation. 

I don’t make a habit of ordering from multiple shops “just in case”. Like everyone else, I order once (in my case within a couple of hours of its announcement) and when confirmed I have faith that the order will be honoured. 

I am awaiting contact from Hornby to find out if their is a genuine reason for the shortfall. For all we know, a container fell overboard en route. 

• Friendly/supportive 6

3 hours ago, Jenny Emily said:

No reply as yet to my queries. 

it is puzzling as to why now? Surely they knew weeks ago that they would be delivering short? They left the factory at least four weeks ago; why has nothing been said until now? 

yes I am very disappointed, especially if the Ebay gougers still get theirs. 

Only come across one on EBay so far. Seller will come a cropper, only charging £10 postage. It’s a heavy loco. Seller will have to take the hit on their £500 Buy It Now price. 

Edited by Widnes Model Centre

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Then it wouldn't be a Limited Edition and nobody would want it....

:senile:

Jason

Not necessarily as 6231 but I agree it’s more than likely this metal Duchess will make more appearances as other members of the class. 

• Agree 4

38 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Then it wouldn't be a Limited Edition and nobody would want it....

:senile:

Jason

Marklin-Trix one time series are typically runs of 2000 for diecast zinc alloy bodies.  Quite often they appear again in slightly different form and as 2 rail Trix.

I'm sure Hornby have plans for the metal die cast tooling. A run of 500 is just bedding it in...good news!

Edited by maico
  • Informative/Useful 1

Have tried every stockist with a working website on Hornby’s page and there are none to be had. I am so annoyed that the centenary edition I wanted above all others and thought I had secured by ordering within an hour or so of announcement Has been denied me! Hornby have really let me down and I spend a fortune on their products.

Edited by CathcartCircle
Missing info
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Jenny Emily said:

Hattons also tell me that they were short supplied too. I suspect every retailer has been short supplied. I do not have the information as to why. 

I find it puzzling as to why cogent reasons are not given for the shortfall in orders. It might help the situation if Hornby were open about it.

Hopefully,on Monday they will provide retailers and disappointed modellers with such. And maybe a promise to put matters to right ?

The next diecast Dublo Duchess was of course 46232 in BR early green.

If no further 6231 can be delivered then maybe this is a way forward .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, CathcartCircle said:

Have tried every stockist with a working website on Hornby’s page and there are none to be had. I am so annoyed that the centenary edition I wanted above all others and thought I had secured by ordering within an hour or so of announcement Has been denied me! Hornby have really let me down and I spend a fortune on their products.

I am so sorry for you in this . What else can you do. You order within an hour of announcement  from a reputable retailer , who had an allocation confirmed to them . 

If there is a shortfall then I think it’s beholden on Hornby to make another batch .  Oh yes I’m sure the economics preclude this , but then they should have made enough plus a contingency in the first place .  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Derails Models said:

Not as of yet

Odd that a week ago we were discussing this with a possibility of you getting one for me. You couldn’t as it turned out because your allocation was pre ordered .Seems almost prophetic seven days on .Good luck with managing it.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Legend said:

I am so sorry for you in this . What else can you do. You order within an hour of announcement  from a reputable retailer , who had an allocation confirmed to them . 

If there is a shortfall then I think it’s beholden on Hornby to make another batch .  Oh yes I’m sure the economics preclude this , but then they should have made enough plus a contingency in the first place .  

In a perfect world I’m afraid. Margins are too tight for Plan B, I suspect.

15 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Not necessarily as 6231 but I agree it’s more than likely this metal Duchess will make more appearances as other members of the class. 

I meant purely of this edition with the special box. If it was advertised as 500 then that's how many there should be.

Whilst many are buying them for nostalgia reasons I would think a few are buying them for their rarity.

They can churn them out as much as they want otherwise.

Jason

It being the weekend it is tricky getting responses. However I have had confirmed that the full production run appears to have been made and arrived at Hornby. 

I suspect that if I do find anything else out it won’t be until tomorrow. 

Having ordered mine within hours of announcement it is concerning that Hornby haven’t delivered whilst simultaneously selling the same model seven months later to anyone going on their website. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Jenny Emily said:

It being the weekend it is tricky getting responses. However I have had confirmed that the full production run appears to have been made and arrived at Hornby. 

I suspect that if I do find anything else out it won’t be until tomorrow. 

Having ordered mine within hours of announcement it is concerning that Hornby haven’t delivered whilst simultaneously selling the same model seven months later to anyone going on their website. 

Redefines the word cynical.Now we start looking over on eBay for those with an eye for an “investment “. The way of the world,including Hornby’s.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3