R3819 Duchess Of Atholl

Co-tr-Paul

Thanks to Chris Woods and a headsup on possible availability at a stockist I managed to snag their last one. Very happy and as it's being dispatched today, even happier. My earlier despair over my Rails order is ended! Lol! Good luck on the hunt everyone else who has been dissapointed! 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

2 hours ago, CathcartCircle said:

Thanks to Chris Woods and a headsup on possible availability at a stockist I managed to snag their last one. Very happy and as it's being dispatched today, even happier. My earlier despair over my Rails order is ended! Lol! Good luck on the hunt everyone else who has been dissapointed! 

Yes thankyou so much to Chris Woods!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Just the word diecast probably has connotations of "toy" and "old fashioned" to many people. It certainly does to me.

It brings up images of 1930s Dinky Toys rather than 21st century scale models.

I can understand why they are using it in this instance, but it would definitely put me off if normal models were advertised as such.

Jason

I think you are bit behind the times! Trix european made Ho use metal die-cast like this for bodies and tenders.

Plastic is for their cheaper hobby range.

Quite a few Brawas, which are made in China, also use finescale diecast.

cacc021f26350181fecd503fceef31121505745287.jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Heard from one dealer that Hornby are short on supply,so the above may well be correct .

Which would equate to the much more likely cock up rather than conspiracy scenario. A lot of very angry words on here directed at Hornby when none of the facts are yet known. One can only blame the heat .........

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Which would equate to the much more likely cock up rather than conspiracy scenario. A lot of very angry words on here directed at Hornby when none of the facts are yet known. One can only blame the heat .........

An absence of transparency and at present lack of concern for the difficulties this has caused..... not,it must be said,for the first time....doesn’t cause me any sympathetic leaning towards Hornby.

Don’t forget those who have lost out financially on a sale due to orders remaining unfulfilled and the abrupt manner in which it was handled.

Meanwhile,enjoy the Duchess.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Lexington said:

Interestingly, I wonder if this behind the short supply.  112 cartons of 4 equals 448, not 500..... 

_20200812_124917.JPG

_20200812_124857.JPG

If so - why not simply say so?

Lack of communication is always damaging.

John Isherwood.

• Agree 1

• Moderators

I had a fairly lengthy chat with Simon Kohler today and this subject arose. He's looking into things further but there are other potential causes for this which we discussed (but not necessarily appropriate to post here yet) which could be mitigating factors rather than any under-production.

In other words there are two sides to this and they may not be wholly to blame when everything has been analysed so put the torches and pitchforks away for now please.

• Like 5
  • Agree 5

Well after being disappointed with the "over-selling" of The Rocket earlier this year, it look as though I am unlucky again, even though I pad for my model in January, as the shop demanded full payment in advance.

If I do not get mine I shall be very angry! Whatever the cause and on this occasion it would appear to be Hornby at fault, this is unacceptable.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Robert Scott said:

as the shop demanded full payment in advance.

That's unacceptable, I can only hope you had the sensibility to pay by credit card so you stand a chance of recovering your money. I'd blame myself and the shop before Hornby if I was you.

• Agree 1