R3819 Duchess Of Atholl

Co-tr-Paul

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Very nice, but please get that socket screwed in fully, it is giving my OCDs a worrying buzz

Not only OCD  but also electrical safety, plus it appears to be at a kitchen worktop which can be associated with water.

3 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Not only OCD  but also electrical safety, plus it appears to be at a kitchen worktop which can be associated with water.

It’s isolated whilst I’m in the process of re-tiling my kitchen.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

The conspiracy theorists will be back to say that Wickes have obviously not had as much grout as they'd ordered too. 

What is it with this topic?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

The conspiracy theorists will be back to say that Wickes have obviously not had as much grout as they'd ordered too. 

Must be the absence of locos, had they gone enmasse the thread would be back to the usual livery debate, and fault finding, followed by the first weathered version and a renumber.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Lexington said:

But you're too rude and arrogant to see it

You've gone over the line, welcome to life on the naughty step.

3 minutes ago, scumcat said:

I expect to be banned again for this

I don't like to disappoint.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, cctransuk said:

image.png.5cdfad72489708fae570b734665e9968.png

4 x 112 = 448

448 - 500 = -52

If I were looking for a significant shortfall, I would be investigating simple mathematics rather than what is probably an isolated misunderstanding(?) between retailer and representative.

Could a rep., faced with a loyal but dissatisfied retailer asking for an additional allocation, agree to increase the allocation, but 'forget' to confirm that commitment in writing? Pure speculation, but whilst we're still in the realms of 'may' and 'may not' - due to the great Hornby silence - it seems reasonable to fill the information gap with such musings.

John Isherwood.

John Isherwood.

I don’t want to point out the obvious, but...

the assumption is built around the belief that all boxes are the same size and everything was shipped at once.

I accept there’s good grounds to think that they should be, but equally there is no reason to think why every box in the consignment was R3819 either...

It was reported that a part order of R3810 Rocket was received and held pending another consignment to be delivered.

Is it reasonable to assume that some may have been shipped in a different consignment, before, or after this order, or that this consignment was purely R3819 ?

I’m not sure about holding the box as a Factual line, but perhaps the clutching the straws inside it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Plenty of grout the last time I looked.

But coving adhesive is as scarce as unicorn droppings.

Bernard

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, scumcat said:

But Rails would know that I presume and informed the customers that they were holding over supplies until a full order was able to be filled. 
I watched a video on YouTube from an American HO company they filled a container at the factory and waved it goodbye as it left. I presume Hornby would do the same sort of thing minus the waving

We have no idea how many they were allocated, or how many they Pre sold.

it does seem clear that they have received more orders than they received locos, but we are not party as to why, so I wouldn’t rush to apportion blame... and tbh, unless you had an order and didn’t receive, it’s not our business either... only 3 months ago Toilet roll was was worth more than 6231 is now.

I help run a model shop myself a few decades back, we had 20 of every Lima limited edition by default... didn’t always get that many, sometimes as few as 4 turned up and the staff usually had all them first, but there was no internet to pre-sell either in those days, I remember 47833 Peter Manisty turning up unannounced as a surprise 30 came by reps allocation, glee soon faded as no one wanted them, couldn’t give them away.. swings and roundabouts on limited editions I’m afraid...

As an aside, UKmodelshops lists 480 shops in the country.. so that’s only 1 a piece.. then add Hornbys overseas outlets (US, Australia and some parts of Europe...) your soon upto 500.

FYI my list had 1700 back in my Father’s time as an industry rep in 1993.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Some smaller outlets wont sell unless you do, i’m awaiting since April for my prepaid Narrow Planet order for instance, its progressing, but they wont make it without up front payment.

Sorry to keep you waiting on this one, unfortunately a three month production hiatus with our etcher for hopefully obvious reasons has messed up our custom order schedule somewhat.

Not really related to the substance of this thread, but back in the mists of time we did take custom nameplate orders and produce artwork before requesting payment. However this meant an extra feedback loop with the customer awaiting payment, which slowed things down and created additional manual admin at a time when the service was getting much busier. Not to mention the (fortunately few) cases where work was done to prepare artwork and then the customer was never heard from again! After a bit of consultation with existing customers we decided that moving to a pre-payment system would be acceptable.

I would ideally like customers to be able to see custom artwork much more quickly after ordering (or even at the time of placing the order, online), but we're still a way away from that. Hopefully April (ish) orders will be cleared through in the next few weeks.

Edited by cornelius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, cornelius said:

Sorry to keep you waiting on this one, unfortunately a three month production hiatus with our etcher for hopefully obvious reasons has messed up our custom order schedule somewhat.

Not really related to the substance of this thread, but back in the mists of time we did take custom nameplate orders and produce artwork before requesting payment. However this meant an extra feedback loop with the customer awaiting payment, which slowed things down and created additional manual admin at a time when the service was getting much busier. Not to mention the (fortunately few) cases where work was done to prepare artwork and then the customer was never heard from again! After a bit of consultation with existing customers we decided that moving to a pre-payment system would be acceptable.

No complaints from me, I know the orders sound, and your terms were clear on the website at time of ordering.

A good example of why I don’t mind / trust prepay with some retailers.

(plus it’s a good excuse to delay my projects and sit in the sun the past few weeks).

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Kitty would be mortified to hear such vitriol poured out in her name,good soul that she was. Apart from which the family was left without an heir....almost anyway...the nearest now located in a South Africa..

For a diverting twist on this after Covid 19 and after ScotRail have ...bless them.....their tracks made safe,take the Highland Mainline north and alight at Blair Atholl. Walk a mile through the most glorious Highland scenery and up an avenue of trees to reach the castle,white and turreted in the sunshine made famous by a royal visit.,that of Victoria & Albert.,now made famous by the tv series where an episode was filmed.

Go round the castle and learn about the real Duchess of Atholl.Her life might surprise you.

Then continue up over Druimochter....a great rail journey.

Off topic ,,,maybe ....but it’s been thundery weather ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Here we go again - too close for comfort!

You can shut up some of the people, some of the time - but not all of the people, all of the time ....... or you're out of a job.

John Isherwood.

• Informative/Useful 1

31 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Here we go again - too close for comfort!

You can shut up some of the people, some of the time - but not all of the people, all of the time ....... or you're out of a job.

John Isherwood.

I'm sure it's not really wanted or needed here... but I'm jumping in anyway because forums.

I did find Andy's initial response slightly mean-spirited, but far worse is your constant baiting of him and the attacks. I follow enough threads here I end up unfollowing some because you just can not leave things alone. KT3 thread, for example. Can you maybe leave the mod baiting aside?

• Agree 1

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • Moderators

*** Stock alert ***

13.00 Weds 19 Aug

I have been made aware by a bona fide reputable stockist that they have 2 Duchess of Atholl's available at the RRP of £249.95 each.

Send me a PM here and I will put you in contact to arrange to give details and payment etc.

I'm doing it this way so they don't get swamped with calls and I will then come back and notify when contact for two people has been arranged.

• Like 1