Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Rivet Police Part 5 - The Great Escape and Homecoming

Sorry mate, but while you've been banged up, times have moved on, & fashions have changed.

Battle Space Turbo Cars are just SO yesterday :nono:

"Steampunk" is the latest fad in model trains now, apparently. :rolleyes:

Mindyou, follow the lead of a well-known model train manfacturer:- paint your Battle Space Car black, glue some old gear cogs on it, & you'll fit right in.... :jester:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

One note of caution folks.

The prison rivet inspectors got a bit bored after you all left. Looking for something to criticise, one of them got picky about the distribution of the Bluetack blobs that were keeping that poster of Jenny Agutter on the wall. As well of the punctuation and typeface used for "Daddy. My Daddy!".

image.png.be46bc365ae2ec1552d592767d405eeb.png

Then thye started picking at the corner, and it fell off. They are still wondering what kind of tunnel they've found behind the poster, and what scale it was supposed to represent.

image.png.8a9b428a81ecd11db33e8a195727b39b.png

• Funny 3

Lo

On 28/01/2020 at 15:16, KeithMacdonald said:

image.png.8a9b428a81ecd11db33e8a195727b39b.png

Keith-

YES! Utterly love that pic from the Cruikshank Redemption. Doesn't he poke through a poster of Raquel  Welch?

My story was just a series of jokes that posed questions that I had to answer, and one of them  was when Grouty  said "we're digging a tunnel - a railway tunnel" - which then I thought why? Where to?  Ok so it's a big layout but why? 

IIRC it was "Daddy!"  not "Daddy." but I will have to check on that  on Youtube...

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 11/01/2020 at 13:58, Ducking Giraffe said:

Henley Junction,

Exhibited With Merit

At Her Majesty's Model Prison

Slade

January 2020

I'm still looking for that finescale model of Slade prison.  Haven't found it yet. But I have found the Bachmann corner shop with one of the inmates in disguise and selling dodgy gear...

image.png.b52fe72ac50a3c2c3f488f14f3b5a21d.png

I might be saving that for the forthcoming epic - "War and Peace under Mount Wise" - all about the goings-on at a top-secret Royal Navy Supplies Base. With (coincidently) that very same inmate's earlier alias "Fatso Johnson" making regular appearances, along with numerous usual suspects...

52 minutes ago, Ducking Giraffe said:

YES! Utterly love that pic from the Cruikshank Redemption. Doesn't he poke through a poster of Raquel  Welch?

Glad you liked it. :D

But you might want to be careful what you say to your wife about poking Raquel Welch?

Actually in later versions I changed it to to Her Majesty's model prison in Skaledale which I think made a bit more sense. Probably the only thing that does. 

Incidentally I know you think you've got away with it but I have spotted the quite clear link between Grouty -who was a character lifted from Ronnie Barker's Porridge, and the corner shop you have shown which is quite clearly the shop that was featured in Open All Hours another Ronnie Barker endeavour… :mellow:

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, Ducking Giraffe said:

Actually in later versions I changed it to to Her Majesty's model prison in Skaledale which I think made a bit more sense. Probably the only thing that does. 

Incidentally I know you think you've got away with it but I have spotted the quite clear link between Grouty -who was a character lifted from Ronnie Barker's Porridge, and the corner shop you have shown which is quite clearly the shop that was featured in Open All Hours another Ronnie Barker endeavour… :mellow:

Curses, caught red-handed. It's a fair cop, I'll come quietly guv.

"Fatso Johnson" is yet another Ronnie Barker endeavour ...

image.png.8f30e8ec2883f619a3c737db6830a8f6.png

image.png.e374babdfc2c2985dd044ee72e264ee9.png

1 hour ago, Ducking Giraffe said:

Now,  how can we get the Raspberry Blower of  Old London Town in there? 

I am proceeding about my enquiries in an orderly direction...

(music on hold)

Meanwhile, someone's been having fun at Slade Prison ... it's even got Thomas The Tank Engine and UFOs making appearances.

Did Grouty tape the whole thing?

I didn't know the Rivet Police have got their own locomotive. And it's not even FineScale. They'll go mad!