Steampunk-style Train Build - Model Railway Mania

Corbs

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

As the podcasts take a long time to make, I also post modelling videos on the Railway Mania Channel.

These don't really fit into my 'cobbling' thread or 'Sudrian Histories' blog so I've opted to start a fresh one.

Caveat - it's not for everyone as the videos are generally about 20 minutes long and it's not 'pro' modelling by any stretch of the imagination. It's generally freelance modelling along a theme, the aim is to show basic techniques and tips, and for entertainment.

BUILD 1 - AWVR 1206 (Class 20)

The first video of this ilk is the conversion of a Lima Class 20 into a re-imagining of AWVR 1206 from 2010's film 'Unstoppable' starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pine.

Click on the picture to see the video

83971305_AWVR1206Thumb1.jpg.2ea70355a10358666f041c6225397a25.jpg

BUILD 2 - INITIAL D-STYLE TOFU CARRIAGE

TofuTrain-Thumb1a.jpg.220db3ef969559155a89fe9b1d583ba9.jpg

BUILD 3 - STEAMPUNK TRAIN

159843043_SteamPunkThumb1.jpg.c7af3d14513864cd726ccf53abd3c852.jpg

Cheers all, hoping to post more soon.

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 3

I say! What a marvellous model that be, Sir! In fact, I think it makes a great Post-Privatisation locomotive! Perhaps running it with modern freight stock would make this locomotive fascinating.

I've seen the 1970 film The Railway Children and the Green Dragon is the locomotive I wish to model. Maybe with a Bachmann C Class?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Howdy, here's another whacky kind of build, this one is really an experiment to see what can be bashed out of a Triang Mark 1, this time making a 'Tofu Carriage' in the style of the AE86 from the anime series Initial D.

Hope you enjoy it! I am particularly pleased with how the 'magic' trick of disassembly worked ;)

• Like 3

On 24/01/2020 at 08:40, Corbs said:

Howdy, here's another whacky kind of build, this one is really an experiment to see what can be bashed out of a Triang Mark 1, this time making a 'Tofu Carriage' in the style of the AE86 from the anime series Initial D.

Hope you enjoy it! I am particularly pleased with how the 'magic' trick of disassembly worked ;)

You know, it's strange. I've seen this before, almost like.....

Deja vu

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...