SR/SECR L1 detail

cabbie37

17 hours ago, pete_mcfarlane said:

It is. I got a copy of the Beyer-Peacock one from the MSIM about 5 years back. 

Sorry, not sure what MSIM is, can you expand please? I've Googled but I doubt it is Morgan Stanley Investment Management!

thanks...

On 18/01/2020 at 14:28, hayfield said:

Can I just hijack the thread a bit, I have a couple of SECR locos I want to paint, any idea where I can get a brief idea of the SECR livery, the SEF instructions are a bit sketchy looking at photos some mainframes are in reddish brown, others are in black, was there just one shade of green. Will leave the grey livery alone

As for transfers and lining SEF do some, also Fox, any thoughts please

You could always try Phoenix https://www.phoenix-paints.co.uk/products/precisionrailway/pregroup/secrpregroup

There's no Livery Register as such - but SecSoc ( http://www.southeasternandchathamrailway.org.uk/ ) are working on one - hopefully similar to the recent HMRS volumes.

Wickham Green

Thanks I have briefly looked at both and tried Googly which has very little on it. I guess a quick email may be my only option

I have a good 2 sheets from an old Model Railway Constructor for the LSWR which is most helpful, looked through the instructions of 3 Southeastern Finecast kits I have and very little livery info. I see Southeastern Finecast have some transfer sets, has anyone used them?  I guess the best thing is to speak with Dave

• 11 months later...

I’m looking to build a N gauge L1 but cannot find a dimensioned drawing online. I know drawings are available in a number of books but would anyone be kind enough to scan one and send it to me as I don’t have any of these in my library, and don’t want to buy one just for one drawing.....

Dave

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Etwall_Ed said:

Just found this thread so can anyone tell me the boiler diameter of the L1. I have a general arrangement drawing and can get a diameter off of that but would prefer to know the exact dimension. Anyone know?

Is that inside or outside of the boiler cladding. There is a list comparing the D1, L and L1. 

• RMweb Premium

These are the dimensions I have for 4mm

Boiler diameter,  L1, 21.5mm.

Smoke box length,  L1, 19mm.
(at largest diameter)

Smoke box max diameter, L1, 23.5mm.

Boiler length,  L1, 47mm.

Firebox length,  L1, 29mm.
(to front of cab)

The L1 boilers were the same dimensionally to those of the L class.

Hope that helps
Duncan

• Like 1