New content list jumps from 1hr ago to 23rd July!

• RMweb Gold

Had the same thing happen again today when looking for a post I had made 7 hours earlier. Got back six hours, calendar entry then jumped nearly a whole day. 

Can be cured by refreshing the page on some occasions, but it will happen again you can be sure. 

Previous discussion here

• Informative/Useful 1

Not sure if this helps or not. I noticed that Snitzl has returned to the forum and I've always admired his work in the past. I'm pleased we can see his excellent work again, but wondered if there was any connection (or just coincidence) with his blog/posts being reinstated from some years ago and the issues that occur from time to time with VNC.

1154513325_Screenshot2020-01-16at14_52_12.png.0b48f7c116ee0738b544fde44dc0fbb0.png

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators

It happens when an earlier blog/gallery/calendar entry is edited and re-posted so it's nothing to worry about. If it appears at the bottom of an Activity page such as View New Content it can cause subsequent posts to be from the earlier date (a software bug) and normally ceases to be a problem when you re-run whichever activity feed and it's not at the bottom of the page.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

It happens when an earlier blog/gallery/calendar entry is edited and re-posted so it's nothing to worry about. 

Yep, it seems that Snitzl's 'updates' are causing it.  I couldn't load more activity to the new content list, so I just disabled "Blog entries" in the Content Type menu and now things are working again.

I will re-activate blog entries when he's stopped performing. :rolleyes:

David

• Informative/Useful 1

I've tried delisting blog entries in both content and view new content and applied the changes, but when I click on VNC again, the blog entries appear and going back into the listings for content and VNC, blog entries are selected again.....

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, gordon s said:

I've tried delisting blog entries in both content and view new content and applied the changes, but when I click on VNC again, the blog entries appear and going back into the listings for content and VNC, blog entries are selected again.....

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm sure other people do it differently, but this is what I have done:

Click on "Unread Content" (top right). This opens the "Unread Content" menu. Here you can tick or un-tick "Content Types" options (see below)

395482401_ScreenShot2020-01-17at17_22_39.png.2bf09ca0a653e4f66682dc78ffc1b266.png

When you have selected what you want click "Apply Changes". You will then see the options to "Save Changes".

1169900887_ScreenShot2020-01-17at17_23_25.png.5bdcd676fa8a6a4ea68940fc55a58674.png

After you've saved you can bookmark the page so that you can always come back to the same new contents list in future.

HTH,

David

Edited by Kylestrome
  • Informative/Useful 1

I thought ‘apply changes’ would be their version of ‘save changes’ so that probably explains why the settings reverted back.

Strange to have to do apply and save, but that’s software.....:D

Edited by gordon s
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/01/2020 at 16:37, gordon s said:

I thought ‘apply changes’ would be their version of ‘save changes’ so that probably explains why the settings reverted back.

Strange to have to do apply and save, but that’s software.....:D

I've tried all the tricks here for new and unread content and it just defaults back to everything after one look...

• Agree 1