(Modeling Inquiry) Rebuilding a Treble O Lectric F unit

Max's Model Railway

Hello, I'm a collector of Treble O Lectric F units, I have had a few sets in my time over the past couple years and have been enjoying it! I was hoping to rebuild one of these units, with modern components including just as powerful motors as the originals and also new nickle silver wheel sets although retaining the Rubber brand drive look, I enjoy these old trains because of their aesthetics, and the fact they are representations of Athern RubberBandDrive units, and a mix between Tri-ang too 

I am not quite sure where to start, what kind of new motor should I purchase, I have tried Eudax 12 volt motors, they didn't work whatsoever (They were too large,) I'm thinking something slightly smaller but again I'm not sure what to use!

I'm hoping to repaint a Union Pacific unit into an Early "Phase 1" Amtrak livery, (Considering the fact I got my New Airbrush, so that will be its first use... and I'd be rather thrilled to use it!) which the paint job is quite attractive in my eyes, and I've been wanting a passenger F unit for my N scale layout 

Thanks again

-Max 

Hi Max,

Please don't get me wrong but I think you keep asking these questions in the wrong section of the RMWeb forum. I am sure there are some finescale modellers here who may be able to help you, but you could get much more feedback to your enquiries if you post them elsewhere. For instance, RMWeb hosts a Collectable/Vintage section, or maybe the Modelling Questions, Help and Tips one?

Best regards,

• Agree 3

Hi Max,

Please don't get me wrong but I think you keep asking these questions in the wrong section of the RMWeb forum. I am sure there are some finescale modellers here who may be able to help, but you could get much more feedback to your enquiries if you post them elsewhere. For instance, RMWeb hosts a Collectable/Vintage section, or maybe the Modelling Questions, Help and Tips one?

Best regards,

Edited by Valentin