CANCELLED Narrow Gauge South 2020

• RMweb Gold

Narrow Gauge South 202 - Update 18th March 

Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers (WNGM) have been closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19.  Today the venue confirmed that as a result of the latest Government guidance all external hirings were being suspended until further notice.   

In consequence of that decision it is with sincere regret that Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers have decided that Narrow Gauge South 2020 is cancelled.

WNGM, the organising team and myself are understandably dissaponted.  I believe that the show we had created would have again been exceptional, with high quality layouts and an increased trade presence. That this is not to be is a necessary result of the unusal circumstances prevailing at present.

The WNGM committee understand that this is a difficult time.  Personally I have appreciated your messages of support and I hope to be able to present Narrow Gauge South 2022 in due course.  Please pass on my apologies and thanks to your teams for their hard work preparing for the exhibition.

Keep safe and well.

Yours sincerely

Tim Couling

Exhibition Manager

Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers

NGS 1.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
2 layouts added
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

For information, the Xelabus X4 Saturday service no longer goes past Barton Peveril College.. However the Bluestar 2 from Eastleigh Bus Station (+stops outside the railway station) serves a stop in Derby Road that's a short walk (signposted) from the college and runs at a 15 minute interval.

• RMweb Gold

If you're looking for a mini seaside vacation, I can offer up Sandy Shores...

1528363332_SSLRatWG19(11)cropped.jpg.3fd3585cebdd17ec088b16d157230fd9.jpg

... but whilst the sun always shines there, I'm afraid I won't be selling any ice creams to complete the experience! (Just be grateful there are no seagulls, nor the stench of seaweed!)

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to the show; NG South is always highly regarded, and for good reason. This will be my first time exhibiting here; and given the high standard of layouts always in attendance, it's a real honour!

See you all there (And please do drop by and introduce yourself, ask any questions, and take many photos)! 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Narrow Gauge South 2020 - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Update 15th March 

Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers are closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 (and any resulting Government directives), particularly in respect of continuing to hold this year's Narrow Gauge South exhibition.  We are in touch with the venue, which is a large 6th Form college; and will update this page with information regarding the exhibition as it is decided.

As of the date of this post Narrow Gauge South 2020 will take place as planned on Saturday 18th April 

However, if the situation changes, Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers will make formal contact with exhibitors and traders and will post updates on the group website www.narrowgaugesouth.org.uk as well as on-line forums.

This is a difficult time and we appreciate the ongoing support from all exhibition participants.

The next update will be published 21st March.

Tim Couling

Exhibition Manager

• RMweb Gold

Narrow Gauge South 202 - Update 18th March 

Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers (WNGM) have been closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19.  Today the venue confirmed that as a result of the latest Government guidance all external hirings were being suspended until further notice.   

In consequence of that decision it is with sincere regret that Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers have decided that Narrow Gauge South 2020 is cancelled.

WNGM, the organising team and myself are understandably dissaponted.  I believe that the show we had created would have again been exceptional, with high quality layouts and an increased trade presence. That this is not to be is a necessary result of the unusal circumstances prevailing at present.

The WNGM committee understand that this is a difficult time.  Personally I have appreciated your messages of support and I hope to be able to present Narrow Gauge South 2022 in due course.  Please pass on my apologies and thanks to your teams for their hard work preparing for the exhibition.

Keep safe and well.

Yours sincerely

Tim Couling

Exhibition Manager

• Friendly/supportive 2