On 09/07/2020 at 17:27, Locoman58 said:

New projects coming soon!

After having launched the Southern 'Schools' V Class on D&H we converted our LMS 8F project from Zimo to D&H.

Both will be 85£ each.

Also the LNER A4 project will be soon available on D&H for 95£.

Please have a look at our website for further details.

https://locomansounds.com/product-category/dcc-sound-decoders/d-and-h/

Photo by A .Anderson. CC license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0

spacer.png

Hi Alessandro,

good to see D&H decoders are available in the UK. 

Would you distribute your sound projects by download (coded) rather than installed on a decoder? As I have a D & H programmer, this would save me postage abroad...

Or does the coded download only work with Zimo?

Thank you.

Mark

• Locoman58 changed the title to Locomansounds: new Britannia video (last post)

In the December issue #162 of Hornby Magazine Mike Wild shows how to install our Doehler & Haass 8-pin sound chip into a Hornby Britannia Class and add front light and firebox flicker. Also a TangBand speaker with HighBass has been installed.

In addition, we recommend to add a single sugarcube speaker in parallel for a more brilliant and louder sound. Please watch the video of the model here.

Edited by Locoman58
  • Like 1

• Locoman58 changed the title to Locomansounds: D&H 8-pin sound decoder back in stock soon (last post)
  • Locoman58 changed the title to Locomansounds announces A2/2 and A2/3 sound projects (last post)
On 06/03/2021 at 07:46, Locoman58 said:

Thompson A2/2 and A2/3 projects to be launched in April.

Not just a copy of an existing locomotive sound, but a new development based on the design and technical data of this class.

Thompson A2_2.jpg

Can you please advise which decoder family you will be using for the new A2/2 and A2/3 sound project?

(I'm hoping its ESU LokSound as your A3 V5 is currently working very smoothly in my A2/2, so its a low risk option for my A2/3 which is due to arrive on Monday.)

Many thanks

Martin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Locoman58 changed the title to Locomansounds has released 4 versions of the Thompson A2 sound project (last post)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Locoman58 changed the title to Locomansounds

In the latest issue of Hornby Magazine HM172 October Mike Wild shows how to install sound into a Hornby V Schools class. For further information and images please have a look into the magazine or visit keymodelworld.com.

For more info about Locomansounds please visit locomansounds.com or subscribe to our Youtube channel.

Hornby Magazine video:

https://youtu.be/rtzGApkpsjo

Edited by Locoman58
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Eagerly waiting for the new W1 Hush Hush sound decoder from Locoman Sounds. It will be interesting to see (hear) and understand how the different versions have been worked out :)

We have opened a thread for the W1, please see here:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/168871-locomansounds-announce-new-w1-hush-hush-project/

Saluti

Alex

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks, one further question if I may!

The SD22A-2 8-Pin decoder doesn't appear to be covered in the manual - is this suitable for hardwiring IE separate wires on the 8 pin adapter and pre-fitted speaker cables?

Thanks,

Dave

21 minutes ago, Locoman58 said:

Hello

The SD22A is in the manual 

Please take a look and surely you will find the help you are looking for

Thank you

Alex

Thanks Alex, I've found it but it appears to be a 21 pin, whereas on the Locoman website it says 8 pin and speaker cables.

Sorry if I'm being thick! :-) what is best to buy if I'm looking for a decoder to hardwire a loco that draws max 1 amp, has wires for hard wiring and speaker wires?

Thanks

Dave

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 19/05/2022 at 21:08, Locoman58 said:

Hello

The SD22A is in the manual 

Please take a look and surely you will find the help you are looking for

Thank you

Alex

Problem fixed, and firebox LED working fine - needed to read these:

Extract from your notes re SD22A-2 decoder:

image.png.2266830d4bde1a6da445fd8034be4557.png

Edited by zr2498
Extra info added, then problem fixed

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Here is a video done up for Locoman Sounds demonstrating one of two new sound files for a War Department Austerity 2-8-0.  This is the “worn” version with loud rod clank, uneven chuffs, leaking steam and rattling injectors.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The second version of the WD 2-8-0 sound file represents a new or recently overhauled loco with clear even chuffs, quieter rod clank when coasting, and a clear injector sound.

Both projects have a choice of whistles for F2 selectable via CV.

• Like 1