Adhesive for plasticard and wood

I am building the very slightly curved platforms for my layout.. They are made from carboard tops on stripwood underneath. I want to stick Wills plastic stone facing to the smooth wood front and back. I have tried double-sided sticky tape but this has not proved too successful. Could you please advise what adhesive would be much better. By the way, I don't want to use superglue.

Thank you,

Robert

Wickes do their own version of the old school evostick contact adhesive. Light application to both surfaces, wait give minutes, and stick. It might be worth checking s bit of scrap plastic for adverse reactions. The small tubes are not the cheapest way to buy glue but the accuracy and lack of waste compensate. Usual warnings about ventilation apply.

I perhaps should have mentioned that the current Evostick contact adhesive, despite the traditional tin, is more reminiscent of the old school friendly Copydex complete with dead fish smell. Let's just say I prefer the original along with its health and safety implications.

Edited by doilum
Predictive text error
  • Agree 3

Butanone will do the job.

Just flood it along the edges and it will be drawn in.

If it is strong enough for use in holding plastic chairs to wooden sleepers in track building it will hold the different materials together in a building.

Alternatively as others say use Evostick.

Bernard

40 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Wickes do two versions

One in a blue tube which is clear & one in an orange tube which is Evo-Stik colour, intended for different uses.

Both seem to work on wood & plastic.

The clear one is a good copy of UHU although the original can be found occasionally at excellent prices on the net.

I get UHU from Poundland and find it can be used for most model applications as a single one sided application to the base, in your case the timber, and then press on the card. One thing is that you have to try and avoid is the stringing but I have not found it a problem if used sparingly.

Regards mike 

• Agree 2