7mm O Gauge - To Paint... Or Not?

Hi, 

I'm a couple of weeks off finishing my DJH 31 in 7mm scale. I always intended to sell it (Ebay) once complete (i just enjoy building). I now have a quandry; 1. do I paint it too in either blue or early green? 2. Do I prime it and leave it up to the next owner to choose livery? 3. Do i sell it in bare metal for the new owner to have carte blanche choice? 

Option 1 offers a complete model but narrows 'the market', whereas 2 and 3 also narrow the market by the potential exclusion of those not wishing to paint. 

The model has been detailed to a class 31 (first roof mods) and is a 'skinhead' version so will cover around 63 to 80 (ish) and so could appeal to steam runners and post tops blue diesel runners too. 

Oh...... And there's the Pre-TOPS or post TOPS transfer issue too!

I've not seen too many for sale in 'to paint and transfer' condition. Is this something that would appeal to the average 7mm scale modeller? 

What would you do or what have you done in similar circumstances? 

Thanks

As an O gauge modeller I think that you should leave it as built in brass as the livery can make a difference to the primer that is used so I think advertise it as it is but give the buyer the opportunity to have it finished with their choice of finish if you are confident in finishing it yourself.

I would ask for it to be finished in the early plain green livery as that is my preference.

regards mike 

If it looks nice in bare brass leave it brass. If its a bit scruffy prime it, if its really scruffy then it has to be BR Blue era matt grime with filthy yellow ends.

Don't go for green, Its a sod to do nicely and then there is the question of yellow panels,   Most steam era ones would be class 30 with Mirlees power units Green, no yellow panels etc.