Trains4U - updates

Trains4U

The second hand display is enhanced by the replacement cabinet

1F1F7312-FCDA-4094-8E21-0C74328429C6.jpeg.d70e99676f7ff3af6944d34e5a6c8c84.jpeg

adding to the already impressive display...

C67210A3-A016-401F-8690-A7FA3614BD4C.jpeg.7cc76d987a16994cc9f350893849b30a.jpeg086864EF-0CC2-405B-8E10-F38A108D2DE9.jpeg.1646ea412aab8315d4d4a751b0628cea.jpeg

Whilst downstairs, displays will be moved and rearranged to better display the remaining product range

6021416D-9FBC-4FE0-B243-0D9832430667.jpeg.10d162685340f44ecf8f7cd4b4d7aded.jpeg

(John and me shifting the Bachmann locos...)

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Fratton Bargain Shop was my local too, living at Waterlooville and working in Portsmouth, and the former owner was my friend until he opened his new Shop in Southampton and closed taking some of my Locos with him.:devil:

I'm moving back down to the area shortly and called into FBS the other week, and could not believe how much it had gone down hill from it's hey days in the late 70's / 80's when it took double page spreads in the RM and others. I think I have more Locos at home than they had on the shelves.:)

I have to say, your new cabinets look amazing, and I wish you well into the future, and having bought from you at Shows, I know the service is 1st class.

I hope I can get into the Shop before moving, and see the displays first hand, and maybe even be tempted to open my wallet.

All the very best.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Drove out an hour with my son between Christmas and New Year to have a look. Well worth it, the range is excellent and the shop is very spacious and un-cramped, as are the displays with everything easy to browse, which seems to have improved even further now. Left with several things, some planned others not, again helped by ease of browsing and the helpful staff. Probably be back in the next school holiday to get a few more bits...

Well done & good luck for the future!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 18/01/2020 at 14:53, Trains4U said:

The HST fits quite easily 

8A532535-446B-4EFC-814B-B74B59FA2D13.jpeg

Does it still fit when the missing coach is added ?!  :P:lol:
Being more serious, the shop is looking good, will have to make a point of calling in !

cheers,

Phil.

Edited by Phil Mc

31 minutes ago, Phil Mc said:

Does it still fit when the missing coach is added ?!  :P:lol:
Being more serious, the shop is looking good, will have to make a point of calling in !

cheers,

Phil.

I’m expecting our coach “C” s to arrive next week, then I’ll have the full 11-car rake on display. :)

• Like 3

On 17/01/2020 at 18:52, Trains4U said:

we are even about to start tooling in our first exclusive model.

Oh, joining the ranks of the commissioners? Good on you, hope it goes well! Diversity is a good thing, even if Simon Kohler doesn't agree.

Looks much nice, I always thought it seemed dark around the back so hopefully this'll show up better. Maybe pop in when I get some spare time soon for a browse. Nothing worse than going into a shop and browsing a stack of boxed loco's and rolling stock, its nice to see examples out the box.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Called into the shop for the first time this week.

Ordered a couple of Warflats, but also picked up a few things that I didn't know I wanted until I saw them. :lol:

Surely that's what a proper shop is for !!

And yes, I did count 9 coaches in the HST in the cabinet. :P

Was my first visit, but it won't be my last.........

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

COVID 19 UPDATE

Following tonights Prime Ministerial address, we are having to close our doors to visiting customers.
Please do not travel unnecessarily. We will not be able to serve you.

We are still maintaining a mail-order capability and will do so for as long as possible.

In order to keep any risk to our employees to a minimum, ALL orders will be shipped via our contracted courier service (DPD).

This means that all orders will be subject to a £4.95 postage fee and we are applying a minimum £10 order value.

Please note that any orders to Highlands, Islands or non-UK addresses will not be posted until the lockdown is over, unless the appropriate courier charges are paid in full.

Our phone line will be open Tuesday - Friday 9:30-17:00
(01733) 895989

The line will be closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday, though our website will be available 24/7.

We will aim to process your order as quickly as possible

Plans are in place to provide a virtual showroom, with regularly updated images of our stocks to help with any mail order requests.

Thank you for your support and understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a shout out for the T4U team, I don’t use them often, but when I do they’ve always come up trumps.

Stock ordered yesterday, delivered this morning. 
Thank you :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 18/01/2020 at 15:39, Andrew P said:

Fratton Bargain Shop was my local too, living at Waterlooville and working in Portsmouth, and the former owner was my friend until he opened his new Shop in Southampton and closed taking some of my Locos with him.:devil:

A somewhat late reply, but:

Did you not pay him a visit to "remind" him?  A clump round the back of the head with a fire extinguisher can do wonders for the memory....

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, polybear said:

A somewhat late reply, but:

Did you not pay him a visit to "remind" him?  A clump round the back of the head with a fire extinguisher can do wonders for the memory....

I was living in Derbyshire at the time, but even his Wife didn't seem to know where he was at the time as I spoke to her several times.

I will probably meet him once I move back down there next Month.:D

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...