NEM pockets

My first post so please be gentle with me

Does anyone have a STL file for NEM pocket or couplings.I would like to convert some Mainline couplings.

thanks

Cliff

• Like 1

Thanks that is what I wanted, I have just got to get the 3d printer back in action. 

thanks

Cliff

Looks like Thingiverse have taken down my freeware release of the NEM coupling, however if you wish to make your own I am happy to share with you the drawings I worked from, based from the CAD model I developed from a Hornby coupling and a Hornby NEM pocket. Whilst the file was taken down by DMCA, hopefully these drawings will help anyone wishing to draw up their own. 

The standards to model the pocket height/sizes are freely available through the MOROP website to anyone wishing to do so. All in German but I am sure that it's easy enough to work it all out and draw it up on your chosen CAD package.

https://www.morop.org/downloads/nem/de/nem362_d.pdf

An English version is available here: 

http://www.doubleogauge.com/standards/couplings.htm

Hope this helps anyone wishing to make their own :lol:

NEM coupling.png

Edited by Vanguard 5374
Change message
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 years later...