If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Wanted : Heljan class 86 Intercity swallow

125_driver

Hi, I am looking for a couple of Heljan intercity swallow liveried class 86s. 

If you are selling one please advise me of the condition and the price you want for it. I am willing to pay a very fair price as I know they are very hard to come by now but am hoping with Heljan planning new 86 models in future some people may be prepared to part with one now???

22 hours ago, 125_driver said:

Good luck trying to get a Hornby swallow one (novelty 86235) they are like hens teeth unfortunately!!

Just realised yes -  mine are executive intercity rather than swallow. A Frank Hornby and this ‘Boys’ Brigade’ - an exercise in finescale modelling ;) 

083CDF1F-5D6A-4719-92F9-B9DC9DB498A0.jpeg

Right underwhelmed with the Heljan 86 having had a look and tested it, not worth the crazy price tag, 

So

If anyone has a Hornby class 86 in intercity swallow livery (loco 86235 Novelty) will offer £80-£100 for it dependent on its condition. 

Please message me if you have one you would be willing to sell in this price range (which is well above the market value, as I bought one on eBay last week for £49. 

Give Ian Hunter at The Junction Box a call. 

He deals with 2nd hand and has lots of stock, but will be going to Glasgow so will sell a lot of it next month

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/shops/1883-TheJunctionBox

Note his website is currently down as he has something else going on. 

He attends my exhibition and he always has new stock

• Thanks 1

On 22/01/2020 at 21:46, 125_driver said:

Right underwhelmed with the Heljan 86 having had a look and tested it, not worth the crazy price tag, 

So

If anyone has a Hornby class 86 in intercity swallow livery (loco 86235 Novelty) will offer £80-£100 for it dependent on its condition. 

Please message me if you have one you would be willing to sell in this price range (which is well above the market value, as I bought one on eBay last week for £49. 

Is it Novelty you actually want, or is it the closest one they did to what you are looking for?

I have re-sprayed 10-15 86s in the past. The basic body shape is good but is lacking in detail. The pantograph is rubbish, TDM cables are missing, the underframe still has the 2nd compressor (removed earlier on the prototype, leaving just a cage) & the headcode box is recessed instead of being plated over.

The model has great potential for detailing if you want to spend some time on it.

I can have a look through my re-paints if you are interested. I definitely have some swallow liveried ones but I've not done any for several years & would be fussier if I did one again now. I still think they look way better than when I bought them though.