In need of track plan suggestions.

Clagsniffer

I’ve had two baseboards lurking around my garage for ages now, one measures 4ft x 2ft and the other 4ft x 1ft. I’ve been keeping them with a view of building a micro layout. Trouble is I’m useless at drawing up track plans, hence why the boards have sat around for so long. So I thought I’d turn to my fellow RMWebbers for help. Can anyone come up with a track plan or refer me to any layouts of similar dimensions that I could adapt?

My main thought had been based around a wagon repair works. Era would be quite loose, say BR blue to sectorisation. OO gauge.

Any help would be gratefully received, I really do need help :help:

Thanks for the reply. I’ve a actually got the full version of any rail, only trouble is that I can’t seem to come up with anything workable. I either over complicate things or end up with something that just looks boring with no operational interest.

• 2 months later...

Go Large...really LARGE.

It is possible to build a workable industrial O-gauge shunting layout in a 4' x 2' space, using the 4'x1' as a shunting/stock storage spur.

Personally I am looking at building something in G-scale narrow gauge which is almost double the size of O, on two 4'x2' baseboards and one 4'x1'6" board.

I need to develop my eye for detail and 1:22.5 or 1:25 scale is ideal for the aging MK1 eyeball.

My choice of locomotion and rolling stock is Regner's RSSB system.

Key reason RSSB R1 and R2 curves fit in seemingly impossibly small spaces, making this huge scale very workable without sliding to far down the scale:gauge combination.

I have much time for the G-09 modellers but it is a bit too small for me.

Regner also supply some very useful G-scale accessories, not least of which is a working bench vice, as well as dress up items for the basic locomotive kits and rolling stock.

I wish you well with your project in whatever scale you choose.

But don't think small space means tiny trains, this hobby has some wonderful models created in very small spaces.

• Like 1