Gloucestershire theft

MarshLane

Looks like 0 gauge. 3 link couplings.  Stolen to order?  Stolen by a fellow enthusiast?  Bit too distinctive to shift easily.  Not exactly easy to get shot of, not like bog standard Hornby 00.     I reckon they would need to be repainted, and renumbered to sell on  or stripped for spares.  Might be in a skip by now if the burglar tried to shift them quickly to non enthusiasts.   Its a bit worrying,  20 miles away from me.   Still none of my "Collection" is worth nicking.  

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, DavidCBroad said:

Looks like 0 gauge. 3 link couplings.  Stolen to order?  Stolen by a fellow enthusiast?  Bit too distinctive to shift easily.  Not exactly easy to get shot of, not like bog standard Hornby 00.     I reckon they would need to be repainted, and renumbered to sell on  or stripped for spares.  Might be in a skip by now if the burglar tried to shift them quickly to non enthusiasts.   Its a bit worrying,  20 miles away from me.   Still none of my "Collection" is worth nicking.  

Could be stolen to order, or could equally be opportunist theses, early hours of New Years Day, who saw model trains thought they will be worth something and took em.  I guess its one of those areas that just because we know they are too distinctive to move and not Hornby, doesn't mean a thief would. Just so upsetting for the collector.

A timely reminder to all to be vigilant and revue security regularly. Be careful who you tell what you have and where. Social media is increasingly a tool used by criminals. What people don't know about they don't bother about.

Brit15

• Agree 3