Tyteford Halte

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Mark once again super modelling and I love the story line that is with this layout.

Kevin

Once again, thank you for the kind comments which are always appreciated.

Mark

• RMweb Premium

I've finished the wiring beneath the layout, how much wiring can there be (I hear you ask) its only a single length of track! Well apart from 4 lots of droppers for the track, its all the wiring for the lighting which consists of the brazier, signal box, pagoda shelter, 2 x station lamps,  lamp for the buffer stop and finally the signal.

A couple of things I'm not happy with, the lighting on the station lamps although they are oil type are bright white and not yellowish, I am going to experiment with painting the lamp glass with very dilute yellow paint.

Secondly the signal arm has brewers droop as it does not fully return to the home position and drroops downwards. It didn't use to do this and I'm thinking I may have accidently clonked it at some point as its easily done. It doesn't show in the photo as I gently raised the arm to the horizontal with my finger.

191.jpg.e32f99bb1510debed15e2ce3706edb79.jpg

192.jpg.6f2998e0aaa21f1282cfbc1427f5f2f8.jpg

193.jpg.e63c6390521ef0372c09c5aefaa8eccf.jpg

194.jpg.4e35d9d083d680e3b9771a91f61b70ce.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

@MAP66 my apologies for not popping down to Tyteford Halte in absolutely ages.... I'm the one who has missed out because of this
Very nice progress sir - although not great progress from Fred and Arthur - I'm sure they're sawing the same bits of wood as the last time I swung by! ;)

Looking great as ever, and it's looking more & more atmospheric for each detail you add. Excellent work :) 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, marc smith said:

@MAP66 my apologies for not popping down to Tyteford Halte in absolutely ages.... I'm the one who has missed out because of this
Very nice progress sir - although not great progress from Fred and Arthur - I'm sure they're sawing the same bits of wood as the last time I swung by! ;)

Looking great as ever, and it's looking more & more atmospheric for each detail you add. Excellent work :) 

Have to agree - I was a bit surprised to see Fred and Arthur still working after the evening lights have come on (they don’t quite seem the type to me).  Perhaps they were surprised too?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, marc smith said:

Thanks marc

No need to apologise, platform is always open at Tyteford Halte. Sometimes its a good thing to return to a thread after a while as then theres a lot of good content to catch up on.

What can I say about Fred and Arthur, they did come recommended but they quoted me day rates for the job and so there definately hanging this one out. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Have to agree - I was a bit surprised to see Fred and Arthur still working after the evening lights have come on (they don’t quite seem the type to me).  Perhaps they were surprised too?

Thanks again Keith

Not sure why Fred and Arthur are still there at dusk, its not like I'm paying them overtime, very peculiar indeed.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, MAP66 said:

Thanks again Keith

Not sure why Fred and Arthur are still there at dusk, its not like I'm paying them overtime, very peculiar indeed.

I was going to ask if there any jobs going but I changed my mind after finding out you don’t pay overtime :D

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I was going to ask if there any jobs going but not if you don’t pay overtime  :D

Now Chris, I did hear your a bit good at the ole painting lark and I might make an exception in your case and offer you the job of painting the station shelter with overtime included. Fred and Arthur are taking the mick, I'm not offering them any more work. I just hope they don't take 'affence'. :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for the comments on the detailing, very kind of you to say so.

I have to be in the right frame of mind for figure painting, I'm grateful for the quicker drying acrylic paints as I don't think I would have the patience to wait for enamels to dry properly - everthing would end up in a right old mess.

Can still be a bit tedious though, I think that I've finished then you take a photo and enlarge it only to see a blob of paint glaring back at you that shouldn't be there. Mrs. Jones on the bench, being a casing point, needs a bit more attention.

13 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Mark it’s those little detailed touches that bring a layout to life. Nice work as always.:good:

1 hour ago, simonmcp said:

Your figure painting is superb. Loving all the little details. Simon

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well things have been gaining momentum since we last visited Tyteford Halte, Mrs. Jones who made her debut yesterday, and who’s not one for gossip, was warmly welcomed by the railway community. Anyway, she might have mentioned to one of her gentlemen admirers that some one keeps on taking photos of people on the platform.

“I don’t think its your ordinary train spotter” she said while being served in the green grocers by Albert Plum. "Now then Mrs Jones", said Albert, as he shovelled 3lbs of king Edwards into her basket, “don’t you fret, its likely nothing untoward but just to reassure you I will come down to Tyteford Halte tomorrow to see what it’s all about”. What a nice chap.

So, we join Albert Plum and Mrs Jones on the bench and guess what Albert hasn’t even spotted me taking photos, he’s more interested in the contents of Mrs Jones handbag. Apparently, she brought sandwiches and two bottles of beer – can’t say fairer than that.

I did hear that the mysterious photographer may of had a few glasses of Merlot this evening which is another reaon why his photos are hardly ever in focus.

198.jpg.7dbe7c5ea3dfeab105b0794e5aef1bf3.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening folks, just posting to let you know that my allocated modelling area AKA the dining room table (my safe zone) has received a furniture upgrade and has transformed into a work bench/desk effort which has materalised in an entirely differerent room.

Meals will soon be eaten at the table again, and this transformation, amongst other things happening at home, has meant that Tyteford Halte is currently at halt while I acclimatise to my new modelling environment. It has definitely had an effect on my keenness to return to the sport of modelling stuff as the Feng Shui is all out of kilter somehow.

I DON’T LIKE CHANGE. Anyway, my new workbench/desk effort is probably going to be OK, I just need to get used to it, maybe I just need to build a kit or something simple to get me interested again.

I've added a pic of my new modelling corner, the bottom desk drawer is empty and I am reserving it for my mojo after I have found it again.

199.jpg.e412c4a570b4ccffac476d301b97f33f.jpg

200.jpg.f6b8dd4220168c3fd7cea76ae309deb8.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I don’t like change either but that looks like a nice well organised space

Hope your mojo comes back soon

Chris

Thanks Chris

I'll leave the bottom drawer open tonight, maybe  my mojo will find its way there by the morning :( failing that I'll give myself a good kick up the pants.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, sb67 said:

The work area looks good Mark. I'm sure you'll get your mojo back soon, the bench is far too tidy, you need to address that ;)

Thanks Steve

I think once I start the bench will never look like that again, so the tidy issue will eventually be addressed. I will need to use the photo as a reference, so I know where everything should go back.

I have some more figures to paint, so maybe I will see how that works out, pretty simple task to lay my hands on a brush and paints, not so simple to find a need to do so at the moment.

Don't worry folks, I will bounce back in my own time as Tyteford Halte is my therapy and so I will endeavour to have a session this weekend.

All the best

Mark

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Had a word with myself and got around to painting some figures this afternoon, I left the bench untidy and I feel a lot better for it.

So now I am able to introduce the Colonel, a survivor of the Great War and this morning he arrives on the platform looking forward to a day at the races.  

201.jpg.69e6f7f42e3f261dec1d70eb948e6831.jpg

202.jpg.51388524a23a94d1768eebd1cbbcbed0.jpg

203.jpg.aaef07e5c0c54f207d0b63ffbd4ad5d1.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

• 1 month later...