Thanks Keith

Yes it was back in January when I first started ballasing the station section of track, when times where still normal.

I think the P4 track gauge makes it look that little bit more realistic, even if other details are not correct. Makes it more forgiving somehow.

Mark.

2 hours ago, AlexClass4F said:

A nice scene in a terrific setting !!

Thank you Alex, much appreciated.

Mark.

On 01/09/2020 at 06:48, MAP66 said:

Lights on - Lights off, another view of the signal box with the pathway leading up to the door now completed. The front section of the roof is still awaiting to be be fixed in place.

20200830_201148[1].jpg

20200830_200713[1].jpg

Who on earth bothers to put an interior and lighting in a tiny signal box :jester:

Looks great! especially with the light lighting the pathway

I was tempted to put a smoke generator in mine for the stove but common sense prevailed

Top job at always Mark :good:

Chris

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

18 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Who on earth bothers to put an interior and lighting in a tiny signal box :jester:

Looks great! especially with the light lighting the pathway

I was tempted to put a smoke generator in mine for the stove but common sense prevailed

Top job at always Mark :good:

Chris

Chris

Where both crazy enough to do it and you won't be at all surprised that for a few nano seconds I also thought about putting in a smoke generator :jester:

I'll pop over to Warren Branch in a bit to see how you've been getting on - always worth the trip.

Mark

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MAP66 said:

Chris

Where both crazy enough to do it and you won't be at all surprised that for a few nano seconds I also thought about putting in a smoke generator :jester:

I'll pop over to Warren Branch in a bit to see how you've been getting on - always worth the trip.

Mark

You don’t have to be crazy to be on here but it helps :lol:

You’re always welcome at Warren, not a lot going on with the layout but I have been doing some work on a couple of special rolling stock items

Chris

• Thanks 1

Hi Mark your Tyteford Halte layout just get better every time you add something else to it. 
I do like pictures of workmen besides the signal box.:good:

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Hi Mark your Tyteford Halte layout just get better every time you add something else to it. 
I do like pictures of workmen besides the signal box.:good:

Thanks Kevin

I have a little fellow to add to this scene to complete it, photos coming very soon.

Mark.

If you were wondering who Sid the signalman was looking at across the track while drinking his cup of tea?

Well, he has just noticed young William, Charlies grandson peering through the wire fencing. Young William had heard that his Grandad would be working at Tyteford Halte today.

20200905_163226[1].jpg

20200905_164532[1].jpg

20200906_103926[1].jpg

20200905_163339[1].jpg

• Like 11

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 20:17, MAP66 said:

I have been working on another cameo scene involving the signal box. The background to this scene revolves around Sid the signal man who has been suffering from too much slack in his levers and linkages. A few of the PW gang will make an an appearance to take a look. May I introduce the first two characters Tom and Charlie. Tom is kneeling and I'm thinking he needs a big spanner or shifter. Sid and one other will make an appearance soon...

20200903_182453[1].jpg

20200903_170159[1].jpg

I really like these figures - what is their source?

Stu

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, eastworld said:

I really like these figures - what is their source?

Stu

Hi Stu

I've sent you a PM with the details.

Congratulations Mark on Tyteford Halte winning the BRM spotlight competition. Well deserved and I am looking forward to seeing even more of your exquisite work. All the best John

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

52 minutes ago, Warwick Sidings said:

Congratulations Mark on Tyteford Halte winning the BRM spotlight competition. Well deserved and I am looking forward to seeing even more of your exquisite work. All the best John

Indeed, congratulations Mark - delighted to see Tyteford in BRM.  Keith.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Warwick Sidings said:

Agreed, Well done Mark

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Agreed, Well done Mark

I believe Warren Branch got a mention too - well done Chris, another great GW layout.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

I believe Warren Branch got a mention too - well done Chris, another great GW layout.

It has and Thank you

The right person won though :good:

• Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, Warwick Sidings said:

8 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Indeed, congratulations Mark - delighted to see Tyteford in BRM.  Keith.

8 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Agreed, Well done Mark

2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

It has and Thank you

The right person won though :good:

Thanks very much to everyone for the kind words. As you know it's been a labour of love (and frustration at times!).

Considering  the incredible modelling on show and throughout all the forums, I consider myself very fortunate to have been picked out a winner by the BRM Team and the added bonus of being featured in Octobers edition of BRM.

Vey much appreciated folks.

Kind regards

Mark

• Like 2

A quick post tonight to report that the roof of the siganl box is now finally glued down and there is no light bleed.

The lichen is made fom tea dust glued on and then painted.

20200911_192502[1].jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1