Starting a Dublo Collection

2996 Victor

We have a soft spot for strays. Witness six cats (plus one who'd like to move in - father of one and partner of another) and a dog*.

* Maremmano - Abruzzese sheepdog. We seem to have a 'thing' about sheepdogs - we've had a tricolour rough collie and a black Belgian/German cross shepherd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maremma_Sheepdog

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 2

Whilst searching for some other items I found a wheeless R1 chassis and motor, later I found a R1 without a motor and pickups. a bit later I came across a HD R1 pickup plate. I now have a complete working loco, plus in the wings a Branchlines etched chassis (I am certain I have another R1 body somewhere).

It can go with my City which is fitted with Romfords (not by me) and my first loco a 3 rail 2-6-4T

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 26/01/2020 at 18:19, sagaguy said:

I seem to recall getting at them was a problem. This was some years ago, a poster on RM web had a look at it but it never did work properly but at least, he kind enough to have a go.

Ray. 

I managed to win one of these controllers on eBay for £16 inc.p&p.It looks new,hasn`t even had a plug fitted as far as i can see.

Ray.

walkabout  controller.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

1) For 3-railing Peco track I used C and L rail in their chairs although they will not glue to the flexible track but will to points and set track.

2) Until the 80's/90's Peco streamline universal points were a little coarser for old Tri-ang/Trix wheels, Dublo were already finer than those.  Then due to Hornby changing Peco made a finer universal point (not the Finescale one) and this was brilliant for Dublo wheels, no mods on either track or wheels and look at Mikes link to my layout, and here is a video of the scissors crossover.

3) Dublo style transfers are (were up to a couple of years ago but I am into TT now) available from Dennis Williams, the Dublo Surgeon, but, these are Methsfix but very easy to put on, I have videos on YouTube how to do it.

4) I strip plastic and diecast bodies in Caustic Soda but take care with it, it will not do your fingers any good.

Garry 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1