NEC Powercab Problem

• RMweb Gold

Just starting with railway modelling  and would appreciate any help with my Powerecab controller that recognises the loco but nothing works . No movement, no sounds. This is on a small circle of track I use for testing/programming. My layout building is on hold till I can get a train to run on this test track. Thanks

How do you know it recognizes the loco? Just because you entered what you thought was the correct Loco code doesn't mean the decoder sees that request.

I/We assume you do have it connected as per the diagram inside the front cover of the NCE Powercab manual?

Using a multimeter in AC volts mode, you should see approx 13v on the rails when all connected properly.

Ron

Hi Mando, try posting this in the DCC Help & Questions section of the forum.

Hopefully the good folks on here will help solve your problem.

(p.s. may I suggest you request this thread is moved over to that section, rather than duplicate it)

Cheers

Ron

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to everyone who replied,What an asset this forum is. Problem solved by rewiring to track from controller, couldn't check that the cable was working because my multimeter broke and the new one is in the post. My first post to any forum so in the wrong area but a great result thanks!

• Like 4