Railway & Modelling Obituaries

TONY ADAMS

bbishop

I regret to inform you that Tony Adams (TonyA of this parish) died about ten days ago.  He had been generally unwell for a while and was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease about eight months ago.    The disease progressed with awful rapidity, Tony was hospitalised before Christmas and gently died a week ago Sunday.  The funeral is on Wednesday 5 February.

Tony was especially interested in the railways of Germany and military railways.  He built Nürnberg Winkelhof in HO set in Epoche 2; this was a shunting puzzle located in the scrag end of the engine shed.  It was exhibited around South East England.  He provided information to Mike Christiansen for the history of the Longmoor Military Railway and built an inglenook layout in OO, which was exhibited occasionally.

He was also brave enough to operate my layouts.

Bill Bishop

Edited by bbishop
umlaut
  • Friendly/supportive 16

This is starting to get very depressing, obituaries for two people I knew in two days. First John Sneyd and now Tony Adams.

I saw Tony with his LMR layout on several occasions and discussed the operations of the Longmoor Military Railway with him. He was a very knowledgeable and informed source now sadly lost.

I can only echo the condolences expressed by Bill and Colin

RB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Saddened to hear the news, saw Tony at the 2019 Tonbridge Show and he wasn't the person I knew when we were helping on Bill's layout.

As CAT has said Tony was a true gentleman and a pleasure to meet and work together with on Bill's layout.

Keith