Ex Rover KSAs

lankyphil

Now that HS2 or whatever is taking over the old Washwood heath sidings, the ex Rover KSA have been cleared from the site.

I'm pretty sure I saw some of them in Bescot yesterday? Anyone got any info on them? Are they going to be put back into use or are they simply the ones that weren't de-bogied and are just on their way to a scrapyard?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Mark Saunders said:

There are some stored in the Up Sidings at Neville Hill!

Been there for a few months now but the PGAs have gone. Surprised there not storing 142s in the sidings

9 minutes ago, 25901 said:

Surprised there not storing 142s in the sidings

Probably a case of not wanting passengers who are crush loaded onto the services which pass Neville Hill moaning about all the stored trains which could be used instead of sitting in sidings awaiting scrap, out of sight out of mind.

10 hours ago, royaloak said:

Probably a case of not wanting passengers who are crush loaded onto the services which pass Neville Hill moaning about all the stored trains which could be used instead of sitting in sidings awaiting scrap, out of sight out of mind.

Well the 800 in the dirt the other month would have been an eye opener to passing passengers 

Probably a case of not wanting passengers who are crush loaded onto the services which pass Neville Hill moaning about all the stored trains which could be used instead of sitting in sidings awaiting scrap, out of sight out of mind

Had the inverse of that the other day at Skipton, as I sat on a knackered 322, passing the stabled shiny new units which are being used on driver training turns...

As for the Washwood Heath wagons, I think I can remember them being there when I was commuting up to Leeds from Brum a decade ago!  Surprised they hadn't rusted solid to the rails.  Is that industrial facility on the opposite side of the running lines still there?  Used to be trains full of concrete sleepers I think, and a couple of 08's pottering about...

2 hours ago, Ben B said:

Had the inverse of that the other day at Skipton, as I sat on a knackered 322, passing the stabled shiny new units which are being used on driver training turns...

As for the Washwood Heath wagons, I think I can remember them being there when I was commuting up to Leeds from Brum a decade ago!  Surprised they hadn't rusted solid to the rails.  Is that industrial facility on the opposite side of the running lines still there?  Used to be trains full of concrete sleepers I think, and a couple of 08's pottering about...

The sleeper plant at Washwood Heath was an early clearance project for HS2.