Cable shrink tubing & cable management pack

hayfield

Just a quick heads up for a couple of Lidl products, both packs £4 each

Assorted Shrink Wrap

43.jpeg.46b6efe7e0f4e7f1ebffd8e131377519.jpeg44.jpeg.d4a5f63969214d4d13804a3b57eb664c.jpeg

Sizes range from 13.0  - 6.5 mm to 1.0 - 0.6 mm I can see the very small ones being useful for locos

Cable management pack

44.jpeg.d4a5f63969214d4d13804a3b57eb664c.jpeg

I think the larger ones are more adpt to home entertainment systems

There are a couple of other types available as well

• Thanks 1

Good stuff John.

I have similar heat-shrink packs here although they are all black. They get used for all sorts of things. One is to slip them over picture wire when I'm framing my wife's paintings. I hate how the ends of that stuff sticks into my fingers.

Velcro is a great idea for attaching wires under the baseboard. It lets you change your mind or add more wires later. I must get some. Lots of inexpensive suppliers on E-wotsit but search for "hoop and loop" as well as the trade name Velcro. I can get 25 feet for less than $10 here, including shipping.

I'll probably attach one side to the baseboard with a couple of staples rather than rely on the adhesive.

Cheers,

Andy

4 hours ago, AndyID said:

Velcro is a great idea for attaching wires under the baseboard. It lets you change your mind or add more wires later. I must get some. Lots of inexpensive suppliers on E-wotsit but search for "hoop and loop" as well as the trade name Velcro. I can get 25 feet for less than $10 here, including shipping.

Good call.

I work in IT & find it frustrating to deal with a switchpanel where somebody has tidied the wiring so tightly with cable ties that you can't trace the cables.

• Agree 1

velcro.jpg.0cee9e08a04e48855051f6136661b0e5.jpg

I used to install LAN cabling & the rules for cable  ties changed to the point where Velcro was the most practical way to do it

The ties we used were either a roll of 900 & you tore off the ties as required or a roll that you cut to length

Both of the versions were double sided i.e. hooks on one side & loops on the other & they just wrap around the cable loom & hook to themselves

Above pic shows some wrapped around the cables & the widest ones are screwed to the woodwork(see enlarged insert)

The other way to get Velcro is single sided I. e. loops on one strip & hooks on the other strip, both strips may have an adhesive backing

This Velcro in not very suitable for tying cables

john 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/01/2020 at 14:57, hayfield said:

Just a quick heads up for a couple of Lidl products, both packs £4 each

Assorted Shrink Wrap

43.jpeg.46b6efe7e0f4e7f1ebffd8e131377519.jpeg44.jpeg.d4a5f63969214d4d13804a3b57eb664c.jpeg

Sizes range from 13.0  - 6.5 mm to 1.0 - 0.6 mm I can see the very small ones being useful for locos

Cable management pack

44.jpeg.d4a5f63969214d4d13804a3b57eb664c.jpeg

I think the larger ones are more adpt to home entertainment systems

There are a couple of other types available as well

Normally, here in Spain, we are all over the place with when we get/if we get the items you describe in the UK, but amazingly these were in our local Lidl today, although at a slightly more expensive 4.99 Euros, must be Br3xit!

Mike.