Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Ant Mead

David Bigcheeseplant

Very sorry indeed to hear the sad news. I had known Ant for quite a few years and really enjoyed meeting him at shows and so on.

He will be missed.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

John

• RMweb Gold

Gutted to hear this news. Another loss to the hobby. 

I offer my own condolences and also those from all at the High Wycombe and District MRS from just down the road. 

RIP 

• Friendly/supportive 1

I can only re-iterate what others have said, I  had several e-mail conversations with Ant when he was organising publicity

for Railex exhibitions - a nicer guy you couldn't find to deal with. A very sad loss, condolences to his family and all at the

club.

Chris Knight    SCRMD Group

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2020 at 14:33, David Bigcheeseplant said:

Ant (Anthony Mead) passed away on the 13th of Feb he played a huge part of the Risborough & District Model Railway Club having been Exhibition Manager of Railex before I took over and basicity being my right hand man for Railex too. He was Treasurer for DEMU for a few years too. He was only 46.

Ant had suffered from Cystic Fibrosis and even through he only made it along to the last few Railex shows for a few hours normally with a back pack of oxygen. the amount of time he put in behind the scenes was amazing, He would check my floor plans and say that a layout or trade stand was 2mm longer than started on the booking form, plus he put together the programme and adverts and posters.

David

What a brilliant guy, through thick & thin he always smiled.  See you somewhere.  Charlie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...