Slimrails gone.

Matador

Has anyone taken over the O16.5mm Slimrails models? Just gone to by a couple of Wagons and find they have closed, I live in the US so no chance of going to an Exhibition to pick up stuff.

• RMweb Premium

For the benefit of non-members, the simple answer is no, there are no plans to sell on the range. They are looking at selling some kits made up from the bits they have left over, so if you are after a particular kit it may be worth contacting them to see what they can do.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AlanRogers said:

I stand ready to be corrected but Slimrails was one of Roger Chivers' sons and Five79 was the other.

Though Slimrails has closed, the kits remain in production (or have recently become available again) and can be obtained from https://five79.co.uk/Narrow-Gauge/

You are correct Alan, it was split between the sons when Roger decided to step back from production, and it is the younger son, Matt who is running Five79.

Not all of the Slimrails kits are back in production yet, but I understand Matt plans to reintroduce them in due course,  The list of what is currently available is on his website, but he is closed for Christmas now, until 4th January 2022.

• Like 1