Realtrack 156 sound and ECoS 50210

NaN

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Ive got a Realtrack 156 dual sound fitted and a ECoS 50210. Due to the ECoS auto detecting each Loksound v5 chip in turn, it keeps displaying the message to select a new address and overwrite settings.

How do I get it to be happy (rather than autodisplaying the warning) that there’s two chips deliberately with the same address? No way to cancel the screen and leave all as is...

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Probably both. I think the idea is to have only one coach setup so the ECoS can auto detect it. I use a much simplier DCC controller that doesn't need a fight to have 2 decoders on the same address.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks. Didn’t seem to be working but in the end turning Railcom on and off in combinations got it there. Both halves now happy on long address and with railcom off on chips, while railcom is back on now with the controller.

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

You only need to turn off Railcom on one decoder.

Tried that and it didn’t work - as soon as tried to program second decoder to same address controller knew there was a conflict.

In theory, the ECoS can only get upset with the 2 decoders if it knows they are there....i.e. via Railcom.

Also, (a long shot) trying to program two decoders might be causing a double entry and conflict in the loco library.

Without having tried it, I’m inclined to think it can be done, if the correct sequence is followed.

The alternative could running the 2 decoders as a consist.

I hope you have good luck with this and can get it sorted.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, gwrcollet said:

Hi

how did you sort out your problem without using a consist? ( both decoders with the same addess)

this problem only hapens with railcom and railcom plus turned on

As Kaput and Ron Ron Ron suggested, but it took a bit of trial and error as the ECoS has already ‘remembered’ the problem.

• 1 year later...

Hi can I resurrect this topic. I have the exact same issue with the Realtrack 156 (2 x loksound v5s) and not sure how to turn off railcom on the ECoS ? im sure its CV29 but what value should it be ?

Cheers

Jam

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

CV29 calculator here: http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29 calculator.htm

Read the value you have, the calculator will backsolve that config, then turn off Railcom and program the resulting value. 

I’ve been having the same problem lately with a Revolution Pendolino with two Loksound decoders. Bloody annoying, and I must say that it seems to be almost random, certainly not a 100% resolution rate!

9 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Asking for advice here too as getting round to testing and I have the same problem as others. Have seen elsewhere mention of an "M4 protocol" but advice on that too would be welcome. I have 4 units and none are working with both cars. Just 1 each. 

M4 is a different digital train control protocol.  Used primarily by Marklin, and can be called MFX.   Unless you have Marklin control equipment it isn't likely to be relevant.  

As indicated by NJEE20 above, use CV29 to turn off RailCom in the trailer cars, leaving it running in only one unit within any set.   The calculator I wrote (NJEE referenced) will help with values.