O gauge Ruston 48 Ds

Brown Bear

• RMweb Premium

I am sure people wil be interested in this after the apparent failure of the Little Loco Co. RTR project with all the design and tooling work done, and would like to know the kit cost.

At present the best kit available is the Judith Edge etched brass kit for £55, easy to build, source your own wheels, gearbox motor. http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/catalogue/judithedge

Soldering brass is not for everyone so choice is a benefit.

Dava

• Agree 1

Have you inspected and measured up a real 48DS, or has it been done from photographs and dimensions? I ask because there are things wrong that would be spotted immediately if you look at the real thing, or a drawing.

You have the radiator support brackets on the outside of the engine casing, where they have no purpose whatsoever.

Those angled gusset plates that you have coming out level with the top of the running plate don't exist on the real things and you seem to have put these in place of the bottom of the buffer beam, where it turns back in on the frame.

The channel along the top of the engine casing, that holds the inspection covers open, is missing.

What materials is the model made from?

• 1 year later...

I thought I would have ago at this kit and I was quite impressed when I opened the box. All parts were there and I started following the instructions. This is a good kit for a beginner but I must say I am

not impressed so far with the chassis and making this motorised. I have spent hours on this and adjusted lots of times in Many ways and can I get the cogs to mesh and go. (No) maybe it’s just me has anyone else had a go and had issues with this part?