• RMweb Gold

Some of us would be delighted to approach that result. It looks fine. The railway's environs are key to giving it an atmosphere, but they are not the be-all and end-all. Hard to imagine how this building wouldn't add value. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Mininatur summer ivy I assume.

Not sure where you would get it now but this was from International Models of many years ago.

Cut into individual strips and odd leaves painted Olive Green to give it a more variegated look.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Not a particularly productive day. I recently joined the Industrial Railway Society and have received some back numbers of the Record. When something new arrives to read you just have to read it!

I did get some chimney pots added and some lead flashing stuck on the roof, though.

P1030506_Cropped.jpg.ecac01c2c9a48c47f9307705b80312d1.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

I've had a hair cut too.

Will you be weathering the cottages?

A touch of green growth around the footings, some soot stains on the chimney and in the sheltered corners.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Will you be weathering the cottages?

A touch of green growth around the footings, some soot stains on the chimney and in the sheltered corners.

Not in this case, no. Green growth only happens in damp places, such as leaking downpipes and very wet ground.

IMG_1788.JPG.08beb474fff29b3b12487e2cd2ccb71c.JPG

Soot staining on chimney pots is usually on the top surface of the rim and inside the pot itself.

IMG_1808.JPG.cded604112d291f1e69e5af72af3c730.JPG

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Who's got what modelling plans for today, then?

Mine involve tidying up. I seem to have opened just about every single box in the workshop while doing the cottages, so it all needs putting away properly, so that I can find it the next time I need it. :sungum:

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Me, me, sir.

Cutting bits of cardboard into wall shaped shapes, 16 separate pieces needed, then they all need covering in brick paper.

And it's in 7mm scale...

Then the roofs will need doing, and the water tank, and the wooden curved platform and matching awning.

Whaddyamean I should be decoding validation rules for a report?  Pfft.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

A twenty miles round trip on a three quarter century old motorcycle to get no2 jab knocked that out of me this morning. Just a mildly aching shoulder now.

I will be creating a signal box interior / dropping tiny parts on the floor and maybe making the lead flashing for the station building out of grocery receipts suitably scalpelled.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

We had our second jabs on Tuesday afternoon, at the Kassam Stadium. What a slick operation that is! No waiting anywhere during the process, from parking the car to driving away again took less than 10 minutes. It should have taken longer but I completely forgot that I was supposed to wait 15 minutes in the car before driving away.

Having cleared away most of the residue of the cottage construction I decided to do a little more ballasting. I had only done plain track up to now, so the first of the points is being tackled, a little bit at a time:

P1030563.JPG.4343ec35c7637a22fbf5c781b20ae745.JPG

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

This photograph from Colin Caddy shows how the end of Bloomfield Terrace is right next to the footbridge across all of the station throat tracks to Railway Road off to the right of the shot. This bridge had no connection to the railway's property.

437743764_Photo_2021-04-29_151149ColinCaddy1962.jpg.e187bddf30a346519386b3d5c9f7e52d.jpg

I hope that this shot shows how I plan to replicate that association on my model.

P1030568.JPG.27c8b9474f4ef9259d2e377a9624da1f.JPG

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Weathering, ballasting and scenery all in the same photograph. How about that, then?

P1030575.JPG.9752255d2ce3af10128267600f996f87.JPG

Meanwhile, just a few inches away  . . . . . . .

P1030572_Cropped_2.JPG.74e87a59954d6398f62701e3ee568588.JPG

That's it for today. I'm off for a meeting with Gordon and Maggie Gravett this evening. Who else will I see there?

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1