• RMweb Gold

There's no need to a*ologise, Chris. It's all a bit of fun, and helps to create some lightheartedness to relieve the stresses of the *andemic.

I've now found my dictionary and will start reading the section that starts with a *.

Edited by Mick Bonwick
Changed 'ro' to 'to', just in case anybody notices the mistake. Not a P in sight. Oh, darn it!
  • Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

There's no need to a*ologise, Chris. It's all a bit of fun, and helps to create some lightheartedness ro relieve the stresses of the *andemic.

I've now found my dictionary and will start reading the section that starts with a *.

Dictionary starts with 'D'...

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, t-b-g said:

I thought I would dip in to see what Mr Bonwick gets up to.

I should have known better. The place is bonkers, in a nice sort of way.

Thank you, Tony. I think it's more to do with the *artici*ants than the *lace. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Thank you, Tony. I think it's more to do with the *artici*ants than the *lace. :rolleyes:

I am not so sure. I have seen some almost sensible postings from some of the same people elsewhere on RMWeb.

Whichever it is, it certainly raises a smile from me. Some people take the hobby (or themselves) so seriously that a bit of daftness is a very welcome antidote.

• Like 3
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Dictionary starts with 'D'...

"There is no such word as impossible in my dictionary", said Dirk, "indeed, everything from herring to marmalade seems to be missing..."

The late, great Douglas Adams.

Al.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I blame the weather.

Paul.

• Agree 3

I don't know about you lot!

First of all you run the scrabble box out of Ps, then someone goes onto Ds, followed by a hint of Bs, and now we are on to Ws:-

Whatever weather we will wish will for it will end in a wash out, that's what it will!!!

• Funny 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Along with a couple of others I have been involved in helping Mick's widow Anne to dispose of Mick's railway modelling effects.

We have now reached the point where we either need to find a home for his layout - Easton, Isle of Portland - or otherwise it must be dismantled and scrapped.

As followers of this thread will know, the layout has a fully completed and (DCC) wired fiddle yard, but whilst the track laying is complete to what would have been the scenic side, the scenic aspects are largely incomplete.

Everything that has been done is to the highest standard - Mick was nothing if not meticulous! - and it would be great to see the layout completed, or alternately used as the basis for another modeller's own creation.

I am checking the dimensions and getting hold of some up to date images, but if in the meantime anybody would like to express an interest, then please PM me.

Tony

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, although it would be great to bring this layout to the Island for its' new home, I have no available space.

For the other modellers living on the Island some of whom, but not all, I know read RMweb - any ideas?

The old Admiralty Engine Shed, assuming it has power and facilities, might make a great club room for an Easton Supporters Group but I don't know who owns and runs it or whether it could be hired affordably.

Edited by john new
Rewritten for clarity.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, john new said:

Sadly, although it would be great to bring this layout to the Island for its' new home, I have no available space.

For the other modellers living on the Island some of whom, but not all, I know read RMweb - any ideas?

The old Admiralty Engine Shed, assuming it has power and facilities, might make a great club room for an Easton Supporters Group but I don't know who owns and runs it or whether it could be hired affordably.

Discovered who owns the Engine Shed (Portland Port). The downside is it does have power but no toilets so if there was to be progress in that direction a porta-bog would be needed. The person who gave me the info' had used it for an intensive fortnight of use but odd days and night would not be practical. This probably makes that option a non-starter.

If anyone on the Island (or adjacent S Dorset area) is interested in forming a supporters group there are possible options on the Island that might make it practical if they allow storage/a built indoor storage area. Subject to making enquiries two possibilities that come to mind immediately are the St Georges Centre and the Community Centre (Underhill) but whether either has any space I can't say. If Retford and Little Bytham can have build teams perhaps those examples can let Portland do the same.

Just a thought.

Edited by john new
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

A couple of months having passed, I thought I might just enquire again whether there is any interest from anyone in taking on Mick's Easton layout.

Most stock has now been disposed of, and what is left will be going to auction, but there is no question that the layout must be removed from its current location.

Might I therefor ask if there are any final expressions of interest, otherwise we will sadly have to commence the demolition process.

(Please PM me with any related questions and I will ensure that answers are found).

Tony

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

As previously mentioned, I would have liked to have it but cannot as I have no space available to store it. It will be sad to see it go but that is life I am afraid.

• Agree 2