If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Inglebank

Hi folks just dropping in past.

I'm reconstructing a small N gauge layout, based loosely on the Settle to Carlisle line. Modern image. The original layout is over 25 years old and is in need of rejuvenation, track, scenery and a little bit more. The scene itself is a depiction of Aisgill on the aforementioned Carlisle to Settle line. For many years until now it laid in the loft gathering dust and getting knocked and has sustained some light damage.

I gained this from a chap I know about 6 years ago, and now is I think the time to start making good of it. He had both an N gauge and a OO gauge version of it, he's kept the OO but was going to chuck the N gauge version so I saved it from the skip. It's a mere 5ft in length and 1.5ft in width, but I intend to add a small board to the back for storage and make it in to a mini layout and giving it a ficticious name of 'Inglebank' 

So where do I start? Good question I hear you say.

Well for now I think I will start by taking up the existing track and removing the existing ballast. Track of choice will be PECO Code 55 (not sure as yet if I will use concrete or wooden sleeper track) and I shall use a mix of coloured fine ballast. Then it's on to the scenics. rest assured I'll be dropping in a plenty to seek advice and ask plenty of questions. 

And as they say 'Rome was not built in a day' I shall be taking my time and doing it as and when I have spare time from either work, family or my other hobbies.

Cheers

P.S not sure how to add photos as yet. I also have started a Facebook page as most of the progress will happen here Inglebank MR 

Edited by Inglebank
I'm new at this lol

7 hours ago, Ohmisterporter said:

Welcome to the forum. We were all new once, and some of us have advanced very slowly, so the main thing to remember is to enjoy what you are doing. And if you need advice and inspiration there is plenty to be had on here. 

Many thanks for your kind reply.

Years (many of them) ago I had a OO layout when I was a a young boy living at home with my parents. Around 10 years ago I dabbled in to N gauge but gave up due to a number of factors.

• Friendly/supportive 1