BR Lowfit Twin bolster conversions

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Have perused the net and blanked so far....

Can anyone advise .... if you have done the Red Panda lowfits converted to paired twin bolster wagons - BR Bauxite era - what did you do for transfers please?

Many thanks

• RMweb Premium

For the ones I did for Black Country Blues, I’m fairly sure I used Fox transfers, I’ll check which sheets later.  Think you only get one or two “TWIN” per sheet, so probably not the cheapest option.  From memory, it’s a tight squeeze to get the TWIN BOLSTER between the vertical ribs on the body sides.

• RMweb Gold

Got that! Cheers Mark

As you say not the cheapest option but if I am doing it its got to be proper - and no doubt will use many of the others eventually...can make up numbers from other sheets, and Fox always good....

Brian Rolley also commented on the small bodyside panels.... cant be any more insane than building etched brass signals or even worse trying to fabricate NBL pattern lamp brackets from brass....

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

From my collection what is important is not to put the writing on two sets of wagons in the same way! They appear very variable. https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brtwinbolster

Paul

Many thanks Paul did see that.... dont know how else we would get wagon gen without your site!

• Agree 1