Transport Models Preston Retirement Sale - Updated statement as at 15th May

PhilNE

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Anybody know how to claim the 25% discount. I got all the way to PayPal with nowhere to put the code "retirement"?  Thanks.

Before you get to Paypal, under the Shopping Cart total, it says 'Have a promo coupon?'. Click on 'Redeem your coupon' next to it.  That brings up the box to type in the code.

HTH

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Moxy said:

Before you get to Paypal, under the Shopping Cart total, it says 'Have a promo coupon?'. Click on 'Redeem your coupon' next to it.  That brings up the box to type in the code.

HTH

Thanks, I'm sure the box wasn't there first time around. I hate to hear of model shops closing and you think the city could provide a good living for one but the offer is too good to miss.

16 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

Not sure if the offer's expired.  I've just tried retirement Retirement and RETIREMENT and no version seems to work.

It depends what you are trying to buy, the code won't work on sale items 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An official statement has been added to the blog by Liz as follows...

CONFIRMATION STATEMENT RE CURRENT TRADING SITUATION

A number of people are under the impression that the shop will be closing permanently, as we are ending the Retirement Sale on the 24 April. This sale giving a 25% discount was going to continue until my retirement on the 30 June. However I have been pushed into retirement earlier than planned, hence the ending of the discount sooner. We will, however, still be giving a 10% discount to applicable items after the 24 April and Transport Models will continue to trade, albeit with on-line sales only, until such time as restrictions are lifted and we will reopen the shop. This is the current situation as it stands. Transport Models is a very healthy company as far as finances are concerned and we can, luckily for us, carry on trading successfully.

Orders that were given to us by customers, some of which have been delivered to us, will be held in our stock room. No person will be allowed to collect as this will not be permitted under the present regulations.

I hope the above is clear. I am always here on my computer to answer any questions. - Elizabeth@transportmodels.co.uk

Just a little note, officially I have not retired yet. What is going to happen on 30 June, I really don't know.

To all customers, please stay safe.

Liz, Mark and staff.

Edited by PhilNE
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• PhilNE changed the title to Transport Models Preston Retirement Sale - Confirmation statement as at 4th April
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilNE said:

Transport Models will continue to trade, albeit with on-line sales only, until such time as restrictions are lifted and we will reopen the shop.

Morning,

Great news that the plan is to reopen the shop after the restrictions are lifted even although Liz is/has retired. Wishing her a long and happy retirement.

PJ10 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Unfortunately, I have just received an email that says Transport Models Limited will cease trading as of 30th June 2020 and the shop will not re-open.

They will make arrangements for the sale of the remaining stock.

Unless someone wants to take on the business - contact via their website or email as per a few posts above.

Last chance to buy stuff:-

"As and from 1 June 2020 any preorders can be collected in person, by prior appointment only, from the Unit. "

A sad loss to the hobby.

• Agree 3

Guest Half-full

A sad loss indeed Mick, bought a good few things from them over the years via eBay, and popped into the shop only once when travelling through Preston.

Hopefully someone will be able to take the business on

It is sad,  having used the shop since it was first opposite Lawson St Police station,  however my perception has been that it was always a little too kit biased and for whatever reason shunned DCC for far too long.   

As someone who still  misses the random chaos that was Trains and Transport  I think there was a bit of a lack of passion.

• Like 2

Guest Half-full
4 minutes ago, Red Baron said:

It is sad,  having used the shop since it was first opposite Lawson St Police station,  however my perception has been that it was always a little too kit biased and for whatever reason shunned DCC for far too long.   

As someone who still  misses the random chaos that was Trains and Transport  I think there was a bit of a lack of passion.

The reason I used them was because of the kits, usually at great prices and some quite hard to get stuff too

1 hour ago, Red Baron said:

Random chaos - but good random chaos.

Ian

• Like 1