Tallpaul69

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

As I am still struggling to get a video under 10mb to show here,

I’ve not done videos so may be talking a load of (insert word of choice).  I’ve seen other references to needing to link to a YouTube video rather than put on RMweb directly.  That would mean that the 10MB limit is irrelevant.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I had thought that might be the case, so will give that a try!

Meanwhile, it seems that Harry and Barry have been successful in organising the food van!

2088082340_PaulPhotoFoodVan-1.jpg.ee9b69f5f840037b2f190d6557115265.jpg

Unfortunately, the cement mixer has still not appeared.

Never mind, there is always tomorrow (or Monday, I don't think the lads work on Saturday!).

We have sunshine and rain here at present, with a complete 180 degree rainbow. I tried to show our youngest granddaughter on the video link, but without getting wet going outside, I couldn't get the ipad at the right angle to show her the top of the arc.

Still, better this rain than the snow they are promising us for the weekend!

Take care All,

Best regards

Paul

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Yes, I had thought that might be the case, so will give that a try!

Meanwhile, it seems that Harry and Barry have been successful in organising the food van!

2088082340_PaulPhotoFoodVan-1.jpg.ee9b69f5f840037b2f190d6557115265.jpg

Unfortunately, the cement mixer has still not appeared.

Never mind, there is always tomorrow (or Monday, I don't think the lads work on Saturday!).

We have sunshine and rain here at present, with a complete 180 degree rainbow. I tried to show our youngest granddaughter on the video link, but without getting wet going outside, I couldn't get the ipad at the right angle to show her the top of the arc.

Still, better this rain than the snow they are promising us for the weekend!

Take care All,

Best regards

Paul

Yes I always found it somewhat ironic that there is one of these actual vans as a coffee shop outside Deal Castle, proudly adorned allover with "English Heritage".

• Like 3

Good Afternoon folks,

You may recall last week, I explained that Harry and Barry had been taken away from their fence job to work on a derailed fuel tanker. So below are few shots around the incident! 

Firstly if you look closely you will see that the tankers wheel sets are on different parts of the points to the parts they should be on.

1426699241_PaulPhotoderail1.jpg.8693f3701f6ccc755ba0434d85019c0d.jpg

1541914334_PaulPhotoderail3upright.jpg.2c770cebe453d624ab2545fec4a2735c.jpg

Because of the problem "management" has decided that some of the track needs replacement and you can see the track gang moving a piece of track into position.

1264089232_PaulPhotoderail4.jpg.20382d6c3ff82c9f86a4276d26389a31.jpg

937142111_PaulPhotoderail5.jpg.17b8880cb09f0e7a931348e68605a59a.jpg

Here you can see Miles, the surveyor checking that everything is correctly aligned.

244863446_PaulPhotoderail6.jpg.8c233315fd444eaa36293f663c70639b.jpg

Lastly, something a bit different:-

Below, Sam, the workshop supervisor is taking a break from  overseeing repairs to a locomotive. Which locomotive? All will be revealled at a later date.

1398296098_PaulPhotoderail7.jpg.017d6770f1198c44eb6b3584963ee967.jpg

Meanwhile, in the real world , we had our Covid19 jabs late this morning. Everything went well and the operation of the centre was very slick.  

So, best regards to All,

More news of Wycombe End soon!

Paul

Paul Photo derail 2upright.jpg

• Like 5

Good Afternoon,

Not much activity on the layout front today, the cold shock of the garden between the warm of the house and the warm of the Railway room, has discouraged me! Also have yet to prepare the entrance of the railway Room for the arrival of a wet person (no change of shoes etc., measures to keep wet away from the layout.)

However, I do have a couple of things to report:-

There has been much talk on other threads about the Model Rail 16xx, unfortunately more about downsides (look of the back of the bunker and Kernow's performance on order handling) than the positives.

I have to confess to being one of those who ordered late (last Thursday afternoon), but whose order must have been actioned immediately as it arrived yesterday (Monday)!

I should have taken notice of those thread, because I needed to rig up a temporary DC test track to try it out, my layout and test track are DCC, but have not yet got round to it!

I will report back when I do.

My current thinking on Sound is to try a 64xx sound file, as there is not yet a 16xx one. Has anyone any thoughts on its suitability, or what are others into sound thinking of doing? 

Otherwise, I got a good deal (I think!) on the bay for a modern (well 1990s) class 37 for the middle interpretation of the layout. It is the ex Lima version as updated by Hornby, so reasonable body, decent mechanics. It has a TTS chip installed with (I hope!) better than original speaker for £80. I think a lot of punters saw the words Hornby and class 37 in the heading and thought immediately of the original Hornby version and moved on without reading the detail. I was the only bidder!

Hope you are all well and making progress with your layouts?

Cheers for now

Paul

• Like 5

Good Day Everyone,

Picking up on the news from Wycombe End, I thought I ought to take the story of Sam and the mystery engine in the repair shop from a couple of posts ago a little further?

Here is a shot from the front of the shop showing a mystery shape lurking in the shadows.

1832198129_paulphoto-repairshop-secrets-2.jpg.ccfb8b8e9f689f54e537107d935bafbb.jpg

No, Mrs. West, I don't mean Ben, the odd job man, I am talking about an engine! (more about Mrs. West and Ben, another time!)

A bigger clue might be this view from the other end of the workshop showing something Blue and metal - a tender perhaps, peeping out of the back door?

1899503141_paulphoto-repairshop-secrets-1.jpg.f46d7ba4d133637ea06242eac17b9797.jpg

I will reveal all in a few days, thus giving you time to beat me to it?

Meanwhile outside the running shed a yellow peril has arrived, which I don't think Sam will want to do repairs on.

1523425601_paulphoto-tamper-1.jpg.eb83a9901b2598a70a6fa53720ee4626.jpg

Unfortunately this one, while DCC fitted is silent. I don't think anyone could get a sound set up in this one? If you know different and someone has, do tell!

I think the sound track of a Tamper in action would make an excellent variant to the standard locomotives be they steam or diesel. 

1978985396_paulphoto-tamper-2.jpg.7ace5eb4ba8fe5651f2174daedf1752a.jpg

(Apologies for the finger!!)

Moving more to the real world, my activity on the layout today has been limited.

I have managed to get the Tamper unpacked, chip code number reset, and a test run on the layout.

A 56xx tank has also been unpacked, chip code number checked, and test run.

In between times I located a few more vehicles so I can set the layout up to show 1960s locos and vehicles or 2000s locos and vehicles.However, I do need to get a few 1960s wagons out. All that are out at the moment are modern ones.

Best regards

Paul

• Like 6

Good Evening All,

In my previous posting I mentioned  Mrs. West and the odd job man Ben, with a promise to say more about them later.

Mrs. West is the cook at the site canteen in the old signal box. Ben is the site odd job man, and actually is quite harmless, but Mrs. West being short and thin and Ben although being very tall and very broad, is surprisingly nimble and quiet on his feet, so has made her jump a few times! He doesn't mean any harm, in fact he wants to be friends with everyone! 

So here are a couple of views of the canteen (old signal box):-

2086769670_PaulPhoto-signalbox-1.jpg.8ff2adf33b79098756af2c07287fc3d9.jpg

The seating is upstairs looking out of the big windows, while the kitchens are downstairs in the old frame room.

I think that is Ben on the stairs, looking out over the site. I wonder what has caught his eye? Perhaps we will see in another post?

He is a little stooped at the knees because being so tall he would other wise crack his head on the roof!

In our second photo we see the canteen from a different angle. The bright red and white van near the canteen is delivering it's bread supplies.

85714213_PaulPhotosignalbox-2.jpg.041e27dca687ff409ab70464f9728b0d.jpg

Now as shown this van is out of era, as these Mothers Pride vans came off the road , I think, in the early 70s and the current scene is set around the early 2000s. However, I have an attachment to these vans dating from the mid 60s, so Rule 1 applies until I can find a more suitable vehickle in my stock of Oxford etc. models!

Have a good weekend everyone,

Best regards

Paul 

• Like 5

Good Evening Folks,

I have been busy today in the railway room catching up on time lost over the last week with the wretched weather!

So today I have been busy setting up DCC Loco codes on a number of locos that have been sitting in their boxes, all coded 003. 

I soon got into a routine:-

unpack,

check run ok and functions work on 003 using the test track.

If ok, and all thankfully were, run through the menus on my NCE PowerCab to reset the code . As far as possible the new code is the last three digits of the loco number, but some have to be 0 followed by the last two digits of the running number where the number would be above 127. 

revert to running mode

Set Powercab code to the new loco code.

Test running and functions again.

If ok at this stage transfer loco to the layout.

Test run on layout and move to store in a siding. Fortunately all was good.

Record the loco , its number, its code, and tick off that it ran on the test track and the layout. Later, these will be added to a spreadsheet on the computer!

I did five, then went indoors for a coffee.

I then had a change by going to the stock store in the back of the garage and sorting through a number of Hornby and Lima train packs to decide which to keep and which to sell.

Before i knew it it was lunch time.

After lunch I returned to the Railway Room and sorted the codes on an other five locos.

I only had one problem, when the NCE couldn't read the chip code on a King. So for the moment I left it on code 003 and moved it to the layout to test.

Luckily from one point of view it was the last I was going to do today, but probably I was getting a little tired I had forgotten that there were two other locos on the layout set on code 3. They were so set, not because like the King I had a problem, but because they were amongst the first locos I tested on the layout.

So as I turned the speed up, not one, but three locos moved! Fortunately they were in my eye line so I soon realised what was happening before any damage was done! 

Then I had to sort out the codes on these locos before I forgot about them.

The only part of the job that wasnt completed in an organised way was putting the loco boxes back together. They just got shoved in an open fruit type box under the layout. I have put a note in my diary to remind me about sorting them out and storing them away. Trouble is, out of sight, out of mind!

Sorry, no photos today, perhaps tomorrow I will take a couple of shots of the now crowded sidings on the layout.

Best regards

Paul

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

Hi everybody,

I have continued with the sorting out of the codes on my locos

However, for a change, I thought I would post something for the steam enthusiasts!

So this photo is a shot of the loco yard taken (supposedly!) from an office window on the nth floor of an adjacent, but off layout, office block. The idea was to take a steam only shot, apart from the civil engineer's newly delivered Tamper machine, While I successfully hid one diesel behind the repair shop, I missed the fact that a 66 was on an adjacent siding!

1717565734_paulPhotoshed-1.jpg.3fa9c3dad3f9ddc7f4a11577755d450c.jpg

So, here we have a Hall, two 43xxs (Dapol), a Castle and Mallard. (the latter being the answer to the hidden loco a few posts ago!)

I will have to try again with the 66 moved and the room door open, as I was squeezing myself into the corner by the door and ended up not looking at the iPhone from the correct angle.  

I am increasingly thinking that my decision to buy this layout was a good one as the latest update from the builders of Thame suggests they will not start on it until early April, so delivery is unlikely to be before early June.

Best regards

Paul

• Like 3

Good Day to you All,

Modelling has been limited to the odd few minutes here and there since my last posting, while other household and gardening matters were caught up on. 

Tomorrow I hope to get a decent session on the railway and get a few photos taken.

I expected to get some rude comments on my photo in the last post as apart from the modern items creeping in the edge, all the steam locos were devoid of detailing particularly real coal and lamps!

These and a few other detailing jobs are on the agenda for next winter, along with a major Kadee coupling push!

Meanwhile I am awaiting a Hornby (ex Lima) GWR Diesel railcar (but in BR green) with sound, that i found on the proverbial auction site!

So this probably means that my three Lima versions (one carmine and cream, one green and grey roof, one as this second one, but with white domes) all DC operation, all boxed and little used, will be looking for new homes. PM me anyone interested in any of these?

I am following the thread on the 16xxs, debating what to do with mine re sound. I may await developments for a while, as the 57xx sound file option doesn't somehow appeal?

Hope you are all ok, looks like (fingers crossed) the virus could be on the wain?).

Best regards

Paul

• Like 5

Afternoon All,

I thought it time that I moved forward my "everyday stories of Wycombe End Folk", (with apologies to a certain long running radio series and its subtitle!).

You might remember some time ago I told you about the cement problem that Barry and Harry had on their fencing project. Well, as is the case with many things at Wycombe End, things haven't moved on much!

It did look at one stage earlier today, as if at last they would have a supply of cement, which if push came to shove they could mix by hand.

A large artic loaded with bags of cement arrived outside the Repair Shop. As luck would have it, Barry (the engineer) was taking (another) of his breaks outside the workshop, and being a helpful sort of bloke, he went and spoke to the driver. It was of course partly self interest, he didn't want all those bags of cement, which he hadn't ordered dumped outside his workshop!

Turns out the cement was for the office building development across the road. 

328091521_PaulPhotocementdelivery-2.jpg.35ec9b085148357c4738460279f4fe6e.jpg

All this, as you can see from the accompanying pic, was recorded by a someone with a camera. Not sure what they were up to up one of the site lighting standards, enquiries will be made!

Never mind Barry and Harry, your turn will come!

More gripping stuff from Wycombe End tomorrow,(or another day when I get a round toit).

Take care, Best regards

Paul 

• Like 5

Good Day everyone,

I thought today rather than continuing the everyday stories of Wycombe End folk, I would show some shots of my newly arrived 16xx.

This example is 1627 (weathered), which spent some time allocated to Oxford, so might have worked to the Wycombe area direct or been sent to Aylesbury shed on "loan".

First shot from the rear tackles the bunker seam controversy. I think it is ok in the weathered version? Apologies for the modern "box" in the background, but Mallard is lurking in the left background!

534331952_paulphoto16xx-1.jpg.5b02ab84ee51da770061afa096f31cc7.jpg

Second shot shows one side, and I think the weathering is nice. Not too thick but nicely workaday?

1129147253_paulphoto16xx-2.jpg.81efe6a473c2c33ddda31721f17a6e98.jpg

The third shot, half front on, is somewhat spoilt by the bright day light through the Railway Room Door, but we mustn't grumble about a bright day this time of year.

1741991930_paulphoto16xx-3.jpg.79b6dd72962758d801427ff8d612673e.jpg

The layout was completely turned off while I took these photos, as I can't operate her on the layout yet until her DCC chip is sorted out, but I have run her on my short DC test track and she goes well.

Hope you are all well and modelling progressing?

Best regards

Paul

• Like 5

Well folks,

Time for a Wycombe End update:-

It seems that there could be some decorating afoot in the Workshop Offices:-

24071764_PaulPhotoAirCompressorVan.jpg.4322c126c6b5d42e4427cc06b1876caa.jpg

Unfortunately, the above shot of an Air Compressor Van, doesn't really have anything to do with the intended content of this posting, but when I went to find the photo I wanted, I realised it was still on my iPhone, yet to be downloaded, so I just took the first photo I found!

So I will make this a short post, and go to sort out taken, but not downloaded photos!

I am afraid the little grey cells are getting even littler!!

On the modelling front, my recent comment about redundant Lima Railcars, prompted me to compile a list of models I have which suited Lower Thames Yard (Maidenhead) but are not suitable for the further reaches of the Wycombe Railway.

A number of such items are my much loved (2nd to my WR steam) SR. steam.

It was always stretching  Rule 1 to allow these on the original plan, but I concocted a story around the trains from the lower part of the DNS being allowed past Newbury and Reading to get to Windsor!

I don't think I can really allow them to Oxford via High Wycombe and Thame, except as an occasional railtour!

So my Spamcans, and their rebuilds (except two I have sentimental attachment to) will have to go! Ditto my 700, and N15s, but as I have just found a TTS for my S15, I will keep that. (No I didn't know until a couple of days ago that Hornby had done a TTS for the S15!)

Just noticed the time! Places to go and things to do(as they say), so will close for now.

Best regards

Paul

• Like 4

Finally, one and all, I can give you the update on Wycombe End I intended to post yesterday!

As I started to say yesterday, it seems there might be some decorating possible in the Repair Shop Offices:-

22554024_paulphotoTedJohnston-decorator-1.jpg.1e27f9fef52404f5c3f3b46868565afe.jpg

As you cansee Ted Johnson's van was observed parked up in the yard between the repair shop and the Motive Power depot.

You might think Ted's van is a little dated for this day and age, but he finds it a useful talking point when visiting potential jobs, and he did promise his dad, (also called Ted), when he took the business over 30 years ago, that he would look after the van which was his dad's pride and joy!

Meanwhile, progress is slow on the fencing front , so I thought I would show you a couple of shots from a different angle:-

1453651936_paulphotofence-noprogress-1.jpg.b7d144d5aaa8b7cc05e9f0c6e79af818.jpg

No sign of Barry and Harry here, but you can see their boss's red estate car, so perhaps they are getting a talking to?

Behind the estate you can see D1015, in its special livery. I thought I ought to include a loco as, after all this is a railway?

Anyway, Barry and Harry are now back on the job (so to speak!), so perhaps the boss's visit will promote some action? They may of cause got the upper hand in the meeting  as there is still no sign of the cement mixer (or cement for that matter!:-

1234324266_paulphotofence-noprogress-2.jpg.0dfdfbf0321d6bcb687928f18eafca4f.jpg

Never mind, tomorrow is another day, and life still goes on, fence or no fence, here in Wycombe end!

Happy Modelling

Best regards

Paul

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Nick Gough said:

I hope Ted's got a good handbrake on that van! 

Fortunately Nick, the ground is actually pretty flat, the angle of the photo is a result of me trying to get my phone into a confined space!

I must try to get a shot from a different angle to demonstrate the point.

Mind you, I may have to wait a while as Ted went on to do a quote at the Network Rail offices, and I understand he is not due back at the Repair Shop Offices until next week.

But this being Wycombe End, it could well be later than that!

In the real world of my models the green ex GWR AEC railcar that I said a couple of posts ago I was waiting for, has turned up. It runs well and I like the sound which is different from my Maroon ex GWR Parcels unit. So if i ran the two together, they would be distinctive.

However, one slight niggle re the railcar is that it has lost one buffer unit. So I must query this with the guy who sold it to me. I've already crawled round the Railway Room floor with a torch looking for it but no luck so far!

Cheers for now,

Paul 

• Like 3

Is it Friday already folks?

Encouraging news on the missing buffer from the AEC Railcar, where the guy who sold it to me will hopefully supply a replacement.

The last three days have been cold, and having had to go out to do various things, I haven't felt like trips to the Railway room even though I have a good heater in there.

The series of posts by @Neal Ball on fitting Kadees, has reminded me that I need to get on with this job myself.

Another bit of good news was a email from AGR saying that the sound fitted late crest 94xx is finally in. Hope to collect mine on Tuesday. 

I am having a big argument with myself since viewing the Kernow  Newsletter today.

They have an offer of a NSE branded (but blue/grey liveried) 4TC with a blue class 33. I am keen to have one of these as I missed out on the 4TC when they first came out. However, this would only be used as an excursion set, and while their offer price is good, by the time I add in DCC sound fitment, it is expensive for an excursion set!

More on this anon.

I will try to do a more extensive update including some pictures over the weekend.

Best regards

Paul

• Like 4

On 05/03/2021 at 19:15, Tallpaul69 said:

I will try to do a more extensive update including some pictures over the weekend.

Failed again!

However, I did get to AGR today to pick up my 94xx. Hopefully I can run it and give you a run down /pic(s) of it tomorrow, but don't hold your breathes!

Virus rates here seem to be falling quite quickly, it seemed funny today passing the school to hear the children in the playground.

Hope everyone is ok and making progress with their models?

Best regards

Paul.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 09/03/2021 at 16:54, Tallpaul69 said:

However, I did get to AGR today to pick up my 94xx. Hopefully I can run it and give you a run down /pic(s) of it tomorrow, but don't hold your breathes!

Well, I did tell you not to hold your breathes!!

Finally got to run my 94xx today.

It does not run as well straight out of the box as my Dapol mogul. One disadvantage of an end to end layout is that running in locos is not so easy as with a round and round track.

However, after a dozen backwards and forwards along Wycombe end, it did seem to free up a bit although it doesn't like the three way points especially coming down a toe towards the heal.

If I was going to be without a continuous run long term I think I would invest in a rolling road, but not sure of the benefits once I have a continuous run?

Anyway, here are a couple of shots of the 94xx on Wycombe End. It certainly looks good, and for interest I intend to dig out my Grafar and Lima versions for a side by side comparison which I will post here at some stage.

125228608_paulphoto-2021-94xx-1.jpg.be00f15e2eb69ed5b8abf57cd1738dfd.jpg

Sorry about the fence!

From the rear?

1951346252_paulphoto-2021-94xx-2.jpg.881cf5bb45898731e88359c50e91c405.jpg

I did the above shot to see how this model handles the rivets across the bunker. Bearing in mind this is pristine against my 16xx being weathered, I think Bachmann handle them ok?

Continuing the saga of Wycombe End:-

One of the little cameos that makes me chuckle is this:-

804190426_paulphotoportaloo-1.jpg.a5d2290d1bbf2eb5c2ed2184c3f977a2.jpg

I think I mentioned some while ago that the offices behind the Wagon workshop were being refurbished?

Possibly the toilets are out of commission, or is this just for the workmen (current Health and Safety Legislation)? 

This could be the reason for Ted being here with his Morris Van last week, possibly quoting for some of the work?

Anyway, if he is successful, I will get his van round this end of the layout and also introduce a pile of his ladders, tools etc. (when I remember where the relevant models are!) 

Meanwhile, regards to you all, and happy modelling

Paul

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was amazed to realise today that it is 10 days since I posted anything in this thread!

This has been due to two things:-

1) a lot of house/garden/family things got in the way.

2) at the same time I have lacked modelling inspiration, so have had little to report, although there is a stack of jobs on my list, such as Kadee coupling fitting and stock detailing!

However, postings from Nick Gough on his Cholsey Thread, particularly those about his build og the goods shed, have prompted me to make a start on my first new building for Wycombe End.

I had decided within a couple of days of the layout being installed that the area at the back of the layout that Simon had constructed as  small container terminal would need to change. While I will be quite happy to run container trains on the continuous run (when it gets delivered), the terminal seemed to me  of little operational potential.  While trainsof container flats and containers could be run into the layout, I couldn't see a way to unload/load the containers remotely or remove them by road.

So I need ed something where to outward appearances the inbound traffic looked the same as the outbound. So this seemed to indicate vans of some sort. The outcome was I decided to turn the area into a small warehouse operation.

Thus I need a warehouse building. So I have started planning one. It cannot be very big, the area for a building is some (scale)  6oft x 90ft. This includes two covered railway tracks along the length of the building.

Thus i am looking around for a prototype building, which needs to be a early/mid 60s construction.  For the moment I am just using the sidings as stock storage, and the hard standing as car and lorry parking.

I meant to take a photo when I was in the railway room earlier today to illustrate this point, but I forgot, so that will have to wait until the next posting!

Best regards

Paul

• Like 5

Had some good news itens today!

Firstly, my layout builders have started cutting wood for my layout, so at long last I can see a (dstant) light at the end of the tunnel.

So now have to finalise a few things with them before they start track laying next week.

Secondly, my new laptop is being delivered this afternoon - now all i have to do is get it working!

Getting back to the warehouse, attached  are a couple of photos of the area concerned.

701539689_paulphotowarehousesite-1.jpg.a56ab33ad29a85161e70157493a4988b.jpg

Currently the track is stock storage and the hard standing car parking. With the new laptop around a start on drawings might have to wait until next week. Also I need to do some research on suitable buildings.

982578290_paulphotowarehousesite-4.jpg.bdfe29d4d979a9d61965f6f0ac011059.jpg

Have also signed my wallet up for a severe beating over the next few months:- 15xx, Accurascale Manor, Dapol Manor and Dapol 61xx.

Good news that Dapol have listened to customers and are sorting out the drive ratio and fire flicker (and several other moans) not just on their new locos but also on a further run of the mogul. I am waiting for a version of the mogul with the Collett cab before venturing in that direction again.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/03/2021 at 19:30, Tallpaul69 said:

I was amazed to realise today that it is 10 days since I posted anything in this thread!

This has been due to two things:-

1) a lot of house/garden/family things got in the way.

2) at the same time I have lacked modelling inspiration, so have had little to report, although there is a stack of jobs on my list, such as Kadee coupling fitting and stock detailing!

Hi,

I am suffering with the same issues - getting sick of contractors being around at the moment (even though they are doing a great job) - I want my house back!!

Modelling definitely on the back burner for a week or so........

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Had some good news itens today!

Firstly, my layout builders have started cutting wood for my layout, so at long last I can see a (dstant) light at the end of the tunnel.

So now have to finalise a few things with them before they start track laying next week.

Secondly, my new laptop is being delivered this afternoon - now all i have to do is get it working!

Getting back to the warehouse, attached  are a couple of photos of the area concerned.

701539689_paulphotowarehousesite-1.jpg.a56ab33ad29a85161e70157493a4988b.jpg

Currently the track is stock storage and the hard standing car parking. With the new laptop around a start on drawings might have to wait until next week. Also I need to do some research on suitable buildings.

982578290_paulphotowarehousesite-4.jpg.bdfe29d4d979a9d61965f6f0ac011059.jpg

Have also signed my wallet up for a severe beating over the next few months:- 15xx, Accurascale Manor, Dapol Manor and Dapol 61xx.

Good news that Dapol have listened to customers and are sorting out the drive ratio and fire flicker (and several other moans) not just on their new locos but also on a further run of the mogul. I am waiting for a version of the mogul with the Collett cab before venturing in that direction again.

Hmmmmmmm

I wasn't aware of Accurascale (but I am now) - ignoring the obvious built quality what is the running quality is it based on production model/chassis?

Interesting - a "55" might be another "rule one" purchase - which would be the most relevant 'guise" for my late 50's LMS layout/theme?

J

• Like 2

9 hours ago, halsey said:

Hmmmmmmm

I wasn't aware of Accurascale (but I am now) - ignoring the obvious built quality what is the running quality is it based on production model/chassis?

Interesting - a "55" might be another "rule one" purchase - which would be the most relevant 'guise" for my late 50's LMS layout/theme?

J

For late 50s I suggest the production 55s were too late?

The prototype would be more of your time, but I think only Bachmann have done that and no doubt they are now going for silly money on the Bay!

In new models what about Hornby's awaited Standard 2-6-0 (78xxxs)?

Cheers

Paul