Monmouth Model Railway Exhibition 16 February 2020

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

Was a good day, I cleared up and packed the car in dry wether for a change, had a good operating day with my two guys learning the NEC system and the computer signalling.

The show was very good and reasonably well attended considering the appalling weather.

Lets hope for better weather next year.

Doug

IMG_0944.jpg.d94f4d80edcd3730a25d86aced53d705.jpgIMG_0943.jpg.7ee48f7700528e8fe3d15613783f1aea.jpgIMG_0945.jpg.898613d5a0efa73b41d527a6bea5536a.jpg

Edited by Dougjuk
add photos
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I tried to make it from Penperlleni (near Pontypool) but despite trying three different routes I eventually had to turn back as all were affected by an overflowing river Usk.  I could have gone via Newport I suppose but didn’t have time for the long diversion.

I'm glad to hear the show was still well attended despite the weather.  Perhaps I will make it next year.

Colin.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, ColinM said:

I tried to make it from Penperlleni (near Pontypool) but despite trying three different routes I eventually had to turn back as all were affected by an overflowing river Usk.  I could have gone via Newport I suppose but didn’t have time for the long diversion.

I'm glad to hear the show was still well attended despite the weather.  Perhaps I will make it next year.

Colin.

Having seen the lower stretches of the Usk near J24 I can completely understand. I worked in that part of the world from 1996-2018 and I've never seen anything like it...

• Friendly/supportive 1